Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Salad Master

Yesterday Kari and I went walking--our friend Jenny came, too, so that was fun. Mondays are always nice since we can pick up from the weekend and get a fresh start. Kari brought her girls over for a bit to play and Terri came over so I could help her order some cards for some of her photography clients.

After school it was chores, playing, dinner and home evening. Later that evening, my niece babysat while Brian and I went to a SaladMaster dinner party. My SIL's sister is a demonstrator for that company and we got to see what it's about and got dinner out of it! Plus just by us going (not buying) Chrystalyn and her sister benefit. The food was good and I learned a lot. While the cookware they sell is astronomically, outrageously expensive, I sure would love to afford them one day. I just love how you can cook so much healthier, quicker, etc. with their products. At the end she had us do a pot test. She put water in four different kinds of pans along with some baking soda, then she boiled it. It cooled for a bit, then we had a small taste of each one. The one cooked in the SaladMaster pan tasted salty--like baking soda would. The copper bottom pan tasted like copper, the stainless pan tasted metallic and the worst of all was the Teflon pan. It was nasty!! It was to show that when you cook in those other pans, the taste (and chemicals) from the pan are transferred to your food. It makes me want to throw all my pans away. I can't afford the ones I want, but I think I would get stainless--it was the least gross of the three pans. But wow! Scary!! I think next month I am going to have a dinner party--I only can have three couples, but if they come (just come--not buy), I get a free SaladMaster--which is like a salad shooter thing, but it totally cuts up your veggies so snappy and nice. And I get a bowl, too. Anyone want to come?!?! You get dinner and have NO pressure to buy anything.

Today we went grocery shopping at Wal-Mart--I had to go to the one where Ellie had her little hand injury because the new one doesn't have any canning supplies. Anyway, Ellie was so nervous about going there and didn't really want to. I told her it would be okay and that we would go in the sliding doors and I would hold her so we didn't get hurt again. Poor girl. But we survived--she and Hattie did great in the store, so that was nice. I had to get some canning stuff because my mom and I are going to make some strawberry freezer jam. Yum! I can't wait.

Tonight Brian went to the Diamondback's game and I had volleyball, so I called Alex to come babysit. Volleyball was fun--we decided this year is going to be a fun year--not one that we'll win! LOL. I came home and the oldest three girls were awake! Ellie fell asleep this afternoon and took a good 2 hour nap, so I'm sure that is why she was up. Eliza was trying to help Alex and Libby was up to her usual difficult antics. She is definitely my trial right now. That is a whole other post, but she is the cause of most of my stress, frustration, and is the topic of most of my prayers. This too shall past, right?!

1 comment:

Suzee said...

The new Wal Mart actually did bring back the canning supplies. Guess enough of us asked for it. Hmm...maybe I can get Jim to go to a party. I'll ask. Also, are you available either fri or sat anytime to do Sam's pics? You need to e-mail me at my new address or I won't get it. shooey@cox.net
Or you can always text me.