Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sunday School

So I found out that I am indeed teaching the 14/15 year old Sunday school class. I guess it is a huge class. I talked to the Sunday school president and he said, "Yeah...that's a hard class." Nice!! He said the teacher who got released did really well with them, but other teachers have had trouble in the past. Ack!!! I am SO nervous. I also teach the regular gospel doctrine lessons to them. This class is going to kick my behind. I have worked on it every spare minute since I found out what my lesson was and I am not nearly ready!! And this is every week! Did I say I am nervous?

Today I dropped several bags off at DI, then we went to my mom's to eat our lunch. I took a family's pictures this afternoon--it was a dream because the youngest was in sixth grade. No one to entertain! It was a little windy this afternoon, so we had to work around that, but otherwise it went well. From there I met Brian and the girls at his parents' house. Rob--my brother-in-law--met us over there to put a new DVD drive in my laptop since mine hasn't worked for a while now. I am glad to have that done. Tonight was also volleyball. It was fun. I did okay but I didn't want to overdo it, so I am just being careful.

Well, off to watch Idol and do my SS lesson.

2 comments:

Ironygirl said...

Yikes! That's not something you want to hear from the Sunday School Pres! Just treat it like high school and keep them as busy as you can. I'm sure you'll do well.

Mo said...

Eek. That's a really tough age. I taught Mia Maids for a while and that was hard enough, without adding in rowdy boys. Good luck to you; it will be a tough calling but if anyone can do it, I'm sure it's you!!