Sunday, August 30, 2009

Changes

This morning we got up and ready for church. Sacrament went well--no one had to go out, so that is always a treat. We had our combined 5th Sunday meeting and then Sunday school. We had a great lesson about temple marriage.

After church, we came home, had some lunch, home teachers came, then Brian left to go home teaching and then to a meeting. My parents and Brian and Kamille came over for dinner. We enjoyed a nice dinner and visiting. After that we left for a meeting at the stake center for boundary changes for four wards in our stake. They realigned all the boundaries and there are still 4 wards, but things were made a little bit more balanced. Our Bishop stayed the same, Ken Brown is one counselor and Brian got put in as the second counselor. Please pray for me. LOL. The stake executive secretary called for an appointment on Tuesday. Brian and the YM president were actually at the same meeting on Tuesday night and he got a call too. So honestly, we totally thought it was to be a Ma and Pa on the pioneer trek they are having next summer. I knew they were getting started on the trek, so with both of them getting appointments, that is what we figured it was for. So on Wednesday night we went to the stake center for our appointment. He took Brian in first, so when he did that, I was like--I am thinking this is not just for the trek. Pres. Wagner came out and got me a couple minutes later and asked me a couple of questions, then asked if there is any reason that Brian wouldn't be able to serve as 2nd counselor in the bishopric. What do you say to that? I did say that I was concerned about sitting in church with soon to be five kids by myself. I guess that wasn't reason enough as he still got the calling. After we left his office, we just kind of drove around aimlessly, wondering how this would work out with our family. We figured he would need a suit, so we tried to find one. Luckily, Chrystalyn just happened to be getting rid of some of Jared's, so Brian was able to get those. Score. We had gotten a sitter, so we both grabbed a bite to eat, we got Libby's b-day gifts, then came home.

So knowing that the wards would be realigned, I assumed that we'd lose Vistancia from our ward. So I've been quite sad that I would be losing most of my friends from the ward. About a year ago I lost my good friends to West Wing ward and now my other good friends I had are in a different ward. That will be tough. I will survive, but it's still hard. A plus is that my sister-in-law and her family are in our ward now, which is a huge blessing seeing that they'll be able to help me on Sundays during sacrament meeting. I am going to need it. Hattie will be my challenge for sure. I hope I can survive. I have faith that Heavenly Father knows what we can handle. Thinking about it, I am worried about how I'll do this--keep a balance between taking care of stuff around the house, the girls, a new baby, my calling and having a life. But I just have to trust that it'll work out.

Our girls were funny when we told them this afternoon about Brian's calling. Eliza was trying to guess--she said, "Is he going to be a primary worker??!?!?!" She really wanted that. I told her no but that he'd be in primary a lot. They are pretty excited about it. Tonight when Brian had to go on the stand, Eliza said, "Bye Dad!" I thought--that's about right! Then she said, "Does that mean Daddy is getting old?" Cute. After the meeting tonight, he was set apart as a high priest, then set apart in his calling. My parents came, along with his parents and Jared and Chrystalyn and their family. He said everyone he talked to was supportive and everyone I talked to was giving me their condolences. So it's been a long Sunday and now the week begins!

4 comments:

Jessica P. said...

He's gonna do so great and so will you!! What a shock about the new boundary changes but change is fun at the same time!!

Kristi rogers said...

I heard! You will be fine! I am more worried about you than anyone. :)
It is okay to go in your room and scream and then come out rejuvenated and ready! :)

You will see many blessings. YOu guys are awesome!!

The Frosts said...

Wow! That is a big change. Congrats to Brian and to you (or maybe condolences to you - kidding!!!) I was 8 months pregnant when Allen was called into the bishopric. I was scared silly but it ended up being fine and we were really blessed. It is so nice that you will have family in the ward with you to help. Good luck! I found out we have a common friend here in my new ward!

Michelle said...

Brings back memories of when Brent was called to serve with Bishop 4 weeks after my 5th was born. I had to have all 5 there at 8:00 a.m. by myself. It all worked out just fine. There is just this spirit in your home and with your family when your husband is serving like that. I also had a seating arraingment for church that made all the difference. A little bribery never hurts either. The kid that was the best in sacrament got a bowl of icecream as soon as we got home. They loved it.