Sunday, September 13, 2009

Be All

On Saturday, we got up and headed to the garage before it got too hot and we cleaned out the van. It's amazing how many shoes can accumulate in there! They like to flip off their flip flops and then walk into the house barefoot, so the shoes pile up! We also vacuumed it out--Eliza did most of it--so hopefully we can keep it shoe-free for at least a few days!

After that was done, we headed to my in-laws to help clean out the chicken coop and move the coop so the chickens had fresh ground. Libby actually got in the chicken coop and pet a chicken!! I couldn't believe it. We came home and went on a day date. I told Brian it's too hard to go out at night because always around bedtime we would hear from our sitter saying that so and so was doing this or Hattie keeps getting out of bed, etc. So it wasn't very fun or relaxing. Hence today's day date. For our date, we went to lunch with Brian's secretary and her husband. First though we went to their house and David helped Brian fix the rear door handle on his LC. We visited for a bit, then went to Olive Garden for lunch. It was a nice time. We came home, Eliza went to her friend Katie's house, Brian took Ellie, Hattie and Libby swimming at the resort and I took off and did a bunch of errands. First I went and got my diaper bag. I decided to get the Ju Ju Be Be All at Vignettes where Kari and I went the other day. Luckily it was still there and it was half off! I am excited to get it packed. I had Brian watch the little videos on their website and after seeing, he couldn't figure out what the question was. They do have a lot of features I like and the best part that sold me is the feel of the fabric and the changing pad. It's totally padded compared to the paper thin ones in other bags. Then I went to Target, Michaels, Wal-Mart and Albertsons.

That night--at 8:30--I had to go to Polar Ice for a multi-stake priest laurel activity. We had to be there and help out a little bit, but mostly I was able to just chat with friends and my parents who were there, too, with their stake. It kept me awake since it wasn't over until after 11.

Today Brian got up early and was off to his meetings and I was up early getting ready so I could get everyone else ready. We made it early to church and Sacrament went well. The last 10 minutes or so were a bit harder, but we made it. It was Brian's first time conducting and he survived! He did well and it went smoothly. Eliza gave a great talk in Primary. After church I brought my two nieces home with me and we had lunch, then they stayed with my girls while I visited a ward's young women's. Brian ended up getting home a little after 1, so that wasn't too bad. Tonight we had dinner at my parents'. Dan and Chris came, so it was fun having everyone one there since it doesn't happen too often.

In other news, my feet totally swelled tonight! I looked down and was like, "Where are my ankles?" Of course, my brother, Brian, had some nice comments for me that only a brother can make. I've been trying to put my feet up for the rest of the evening.

2 comments:

Jessica P. said...

I'm glad your surviving at church!! Aren't brothers so nice, they always make you feel so good about yourself!
My feet swelled so bad the last couple weeks only 1 pair of shoes fit me and if Barry and I went anywhere he would point them out to people and embarrass me, what a great husband!! :)

Hailee said...

I think it's funny that you've had such a hard time deciding on a diaper bag. Hubby doesn't get what the big deal is, but it's and important decision! Not only do I have to like it enough to carry it around EVERYWHERE I go, it has to be able to do everything I need it to do. Glad you found one that makes you happy!