Sunday, September 20, 2009

Breathe

Today was one of those days when I had to schedule time to just breathe! Not really, but it was busy. As Brian and I were going over our schedule last night, I was not wanting today to come for all we had. Luckily it's over and it all worked out. Brian had a 6 AM meeting, so I got up with the girls and we got ready and went to church. Sacrament was good. Chrystalyn and her kids helped out with ours or otherwise I wouldn't have survived. Eliza and Maddie do great together--drawing pictures or writing stories. Libby does pretty well but likes me to help her color or whatnot. Today was word searches. Ellie is pretty easy, too, but likes to be read to. Hattie is just a busy body. She didn't have to go out at all, but she kept either Chrystalyn or me busy the whole time. She LOVES playing with people's hair, so she played with Chrystalyn's quite a bit today. She is so funny. In Sunday school we had a great lesson about the early saints/pioneers and how they prepared to cross the plains and how that helped. We related it to today and how we need to be prepared so we can find joy in the journey and help others. In RS, the lesson was about being engaged in genealogy and temple work to be "saviors on Mt. Zion." I really enjoyed the lesson and our teachers always does a great job. She shared some personal experiences and so did a couple other people about temple work and I felt the spirit.

After church the girls and I came home, had lunch and I prepared our main dish for Sunday dinner we had at my in-laws. I figured if I made it before, I could just bake it when we got there. We had to visit another ward during their young women's time and Brian had a 3 PM scout meeting. So fortunately one of the counselors I serve with brought two of her daughters over to be with my girls while we went. We went to that and the lesson was really good. It was about how to find truth and gain knowledge. There were five steps the teacher discussed and it was a great refresher...
--repent
--study scriptures
--ponder, think
--pray
--DO

I know I was only there to visit, but I learned a lot from the lesson. After getting home, Brian got home soon after, then we hurried off to my in-laws for dinner. I put my dish in the oven and then we ate, albeit a little late but we hurried as fast as we could. I shoveled in some food and then had to leave for a stake youth council meeting. I think I breathed in there a few times, too. LOL. Brian stayed behind with the girls and had to fill in for me to give a little FHE lesson that they are trying to do over there once a month. Finally, we met at home for bedtime! Oh I forgot to mention, this morning, Libby was giving me a little trouble about getting dressed. She said today (meaning Sundays) are the worst day--basically because of what she has to wear. Finally she put on her brown skirt, then we were trying to find a shirt. I think she has finally realized/decided that the shirt she has been wearing is too short (hallelujah), so she wanted to find something else. She had on a pink Hello Kitty shirt, and I voiced my disapproval, but she still had it on. Right before we left to go to church, she secretly went in her room and changed into a plain white t-shirt and ran out to the car. I didn't say anything until we were on our way, but told her that I love that she always makes good choices. And tonight, she wanted to change backpacks, so she got one down from their closet and started moving her stuff over. Eliza then got upset that she didn't get to use that one and she said I told her she couldn't a while back because it would just cause problems...and on and on it went tonight. After about 20 minutes of it, Libby said she would use Eliza's backpack and Eliza could use the one that Libby was going to use. She was praised again for always making good choices. People are very important to Libby and she showed that again tonight. In Eliza's prayer tonight though, she asked forgiveness for how she acted and asked that Libby be blessed for sharing with her. It was sweet.

Backing up a little...on Friday I went visiting teaching, then after school and after Brian got home, we grabbed some dinner and went to Brian's parents'. The cow met it's ultimate end a few weeks ago and so we went to pick up our Christmas present from last year: meat. I snuck out and visited Kari and her new little sweet Cameron at the hospital. As I walked in and tried to find her room, I started getting really nervous that I would be there in a week and a half myself!! It was weird. They have redone even more of the L&D and it looks so nice.

Libby stayed with my MIL for a sleepover for her birthday. They had fun watching a movie, having oatmeal for breakfast, going to Wal-Mart, painting, etc. She had a fun time.

On Saturday we had the nursery painted. I decided on a yellow color and three hours later it was painted. Brian said he would rather poke his eyes out than paint. It's so worth it I think to have someone do it. By the time we would have bought all the supplies and tools, that would be what it cost to have it painted WELL. And it was done quickly--I said I would still be taping the room off by the time he was done. So we spent a lot of the day cleaning, sorting, purging, etc. Eliza went to a b-day party in the evening and Brian took Libby to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. They both liked it and thought it was funny. I want to see it!

This will be a busy week--one last full week before baby comes. I'll be working to get last minute stuff done, house cleaned, etc. etc. I'd better get some rest! Hopefully Hattie sleeps well. Lately she's been getting up SO early and not going back to sleep. I was thrilled that she slept till 7 today. The funny thing is that Brian checked on her last night and she wasn't in her bed. She was in Eliza's bed with her sleeping. That is where she slept all night. It's fine with me if she sleeps well.

1 comment:

Mo said...

I can't believe all you manage to get done! I don't even attempt half what you successfully do!!! I can't believe the baby's almost here; it went by so fast (ha ha, for me!). I loved the story about the shirt change and prayer. You are such a good mom...