Monday, September 28, 2009

Tender Thoughts

On Sunday my parents came to our sacrament to sit by us since Chrystalyn and her kids were out of town. Sacrament went well--busy, but good. My mom had gotten some little pictures to put in a 4x6 album for the kids to look through. When I saw this picture, I got a little teary.

I was just thinking about how excited we are to meet our new little girl. But then the picture made me think...I wonder what they are doing in heaven. I imagined how hard it probably is for Heavenly Father and Jesus to let go of one of their precious daughters and send her to earth. And I also thought of my grandmas who are up there probably loving on her and kissing her and probably a bit sad that she is leaving them for a time. It just was something I thought of that made me stop and think for a minute. It's like when we lose a loved one how hard it is, but it's got to be equally as hard for a sweet spirit to leave their presence up in heaven. Anyway...

The rest of church went well. We did a YW visit but it was in my ward, so I didn't have to go far! It was nice. We came home and had lunch. Brian had a busy day at church doing various things including his home teaching and got home at 5. It was a long day for us all. We had dinner when he got home and had a yummy apple dip for dessert.

Today has been busy. After the girls got off to school, I did some last minute cleaning, then hopped in the shower. My mom got here around 9:30 and we whipped up some cinnamon rolls--freezing the dough so we can bake it for conference this weekend. Yum! We put a couple things up in the nursery, I did more cleaning, we got lunch and stopped at the post office for some stamps. Hattie fell asleep while I was in the post office (that's what getting up at 5 will do to you), so she took a nap after we got home and I cleaned some more with Ellie. We dropped a couple things off at people's houses that I needed to return, picked up the girls from school, came home and packed their clothes and then Brian got home. Terri was nice enough to invite us over for dinner. We had breakfast for dinner--YUM! The kids played for a little bit, then we had to leave to drop the kids off. We came home and we finished cleaning. LOL. Brian says the baby must be ready since I have been in my nest all day. Funny. Now we just wait for the phone call to come in.

No comments: