Today was a long day. I took Eliza and Libby to school, then drove to the stake center to meet the other ladies in the stake YW presidency for a temple trip. Brian's sister, Laura, was kind enough to watch Ellie and Hattie all day while I was gone. THANKS!! Ellie had fun over there. She didn't want to leave when I picked her up and on the way home she cried, "I wanted to sleepover at Tommy's." and "I want a tent like Tommy has." Funny. The temple trip was fun. We did a session, then went to Mangos on Main St. for lunch. After we got back, I picked up E&H, then E&L at school and headed home.
Not having been home all day, I felt like a tornado (Brian said it was just a microburst not a full blown tornado) had gone through--mostly in the older 3 girls' rooms. On Saturday we are going to be switching things up again with room arrangements to get ready to move Hattie into a big bed and free up her room for the baby. But Eliza and Libby couldn't wait so they started putting things in their new room and it's now a mess. The are gung-ho at the beginning of a project, then kind of fizzle out leaving a bigger mess than what we stared with. I try to take a deep breath before walking in there, knowing it'll be taken care of on Saturday.
Tonight after dinner, Brian headed to mutual, then to extend several callings after. I wish I could say that the night at home went gloriously. It didn't, but we'll get there. Things went pretty well until about 7 when I needed to start putting Hattie and Ellie down. An unnamed child was just being difficult and made the whole rest of the night miserable! I got Hattie in bed, but she kept coming out of her room. Two times for an airplane and another 7 times to try my patience. Ellie did great. Eliza was good, too. Oops--did I just give it away who was making me earn my badge for the night? FINALLY, she got to sleep. Maybe next week, we can have a smooth night! LOL. I am learning better and better what works with her though, so that is good.
Wednesday, September 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I'm so sorry about your long days! I hope they get better soon and the "mystery" child will cooperate a little better! After reading your blog I think were just gonna have the one child :) lol!
you are cracking me up with your posts. I LOVE it. Tell it like it is sister.
just remember what is important. a clean house is nice BUT you got to the temple. :)
i have to bite my tongue everyday. I dont want to be remembered as the mom that always made her kids clean. I tend to do that too much.
time for play and time for clean.
Post a Comment