Look at those eyes!!That night we went to our ward Christmas party. Eliza went up on stage to sing with the rest of the primary kids without any problem. Libby thought she should join them, too, so she went up with Eliza. They both sang and did a good job. Eliza sat on Santa's lap, but when we were in the room with him, Libby didn't really want to; she was content to watch. Brian put Ellie on his lap for a picture, and well, you can see from the picture what she thought of him. :0

On Saturday morning we went to my friend Amber's wedding. It was lovely and she looked great. I did another photo shoot that afternoon for Brian's sister and her family.
That night was her reception and I ended up going by myself because Eliza had gotten a fever and wasn't feeling well. So everyone else stayed home. After the reception I was able to get some Christmas shopping done. The mall was open late and some of the bigger stores were open even later, although I decided that it's still mostly weirdos who stay out that late. I guess that must make me one, too, but I didn't feel nearly as strange and dysfunctional as some of the people I saw.
Today was church and my brother was put in as the young men's president in our ward. I think it's funny that we will be working side by side in our callings. He has some great leaders to help him out, too, so that will be nice. Eliza didn't have a fever today, but Brian still stayed home with her just so she didn't push it too much.
After church I took pictures of Brian's brother's family, so I think I am done with shoots for a little while. ...at least until I get a new lens (maybe Santa will read this!). Tonight we had my family's Christmas dinner. We had a "candlelight" dinner at my parents complete with darling dishes and centerpieces, ham, mashed potatoes, salad and pie. Yum. The kids really enjoyed the candles and everyone seemed to have a great time being together. I know I did.


One more week until Christmas. That blows me away. I will be sad to put down our Christmas tree. I love having it lit up in the front room.


1 comment:
Poor Ellie!! Torture for her!!
It's funny---the kids usually don't eat that well here!! We'll have to try the candlelight more often!
Post a Comment