Thursday, December 21, 2006

Spoke Too Soon

I'll get to my title in a minute, but I started early this morning at the funeral for the son-in-law of a lady I served with recently in the Relief Society presidency. He was 27 years old, had just gotten married earlier this year and had a little boy. He had just graduated from ASU, and he and his wife and a friend were heading to Mexico to celebrate when an RV blew a tire, came over in their lane and hit them. He died instantly in the accident and his wife and the friend walked away with bruises. But I went to the funeral this morning. What a tragic loss especially at this time of year. And come to find out, he is the brother to my friend's husband I twirled baton with all growing up. Small world.

So that was not a happy way to start the day. Then I get a call from my doctor's office and I failed my glucose test. So I spoke too soon. I go in tomorrow morning at 7:30 for a "3-Hour Test". I get to drink that stuff again and have my blood drawn a few times. I just really hope this was a false positive and does not turn into gestational diabetes. I have never had this before, so it's a little scary to me. I had a hard hour or so after I found out, and Brian surprised me and came home early. He also surprised me by having all my charms put on my charm bracelet. I've wanted it done for about 3 years but just never got to it. That was a nice surprise he put on my wrist when he got home.

This afternoon since Brian was home, I got to go get supplies for to make baby shower invitations for a friend and go to Target. I think I only have 3 things left to get. Nothing like last minute, huh? Tonight after dinner we delivered some gifts to our neighbors; the girls had fun taking turns handing the gift to whoever answered the door.

Well, here is to a good glucose test. Say a prayer for me!

No comments: