



Today was Eliza's first day of school. We got up and got ready. She picked out her own outfit and looked very cute. She seemed somewhat excited and a bit nervous. We got every one ready and headed to her school. Brian and I (and all the girls) went in and dropped Eliza off. She went right in and got to coloring a picture. I did pretty good, too. There really wasn't time to cry as we were just trying to learn where to put her backpack and lunch, etc. My heart got stomped on a bit, thinking of her on her own at school all day, but I survived. After we dropped her off, we came home and played. Libby asked once what time Eliza gets home. She tried to play with Ellie, but that is not always easy. I think as time goes on, they'll become good playing buddies. After lunch, I put Ellie down for a nap (I am trying to figure out a schedule) soon followed by Hattie. During lunch was so lonely! I'm used to having Eliza there eating with us, but not having her there made it sad for me! That was probably the hardest part of the day. While they were both sleeping though, I made dinner and Libby emptied the dishwasher. I think her and I are making a great team. After we did our "chores," we played several games of Uno and one game of Life. After that, I loaded everyone up and went to Office Max (the new one by our house!) to get a few things for mutual on Wednesday. Then it was time to pick up Eliza. She ran to the car and was excited to see us. As were we! She had a good day. She said she missed me and I think it was a long day. She has already asked me, "When is Saturday?" I hope though that once they get into more "learning" instead of housekeeping and learning routine, she will eat it up and have more fun. I hope so!
I think the biggest adjustment is for me and Brian. It's nice that she went to school today, but we have to turn around and do it again tomorrow and for the next 9 months! It will take some getting used to for sure. I hope I am up for the challenge.
Here is to day 2!


No comments:
Post a Comment