Libby came home during my quiet time and she helped me put the "L's" on the cupcakes. Soon after Ellie got up, so did Hattie, then it was time to go get Eliza. At 3:30 it was party time! Brian came home early to help out. I couldn't have done it without him with Hattie and Ellie. Ellie was right in the middle of the party--making a mess eating the licorice, doing the craft and eating the cupcakes. For the party, Libby and Eliza helped me make a big "L" that we put on the front door.

After all the girls came, we started off by taking a picture of all the attendees (proved to be a harder task than I imagined!). Then we played the Limbo, Libby says (like Simon Says) and the Laughing game (they took turns making each other laugh). After the games (which didn't take nearly as long as I had figured), the girls enjoyed licorice, lifesavers (gummy) and lemonade. After some sweets, it was craft time. Each girl made her own "letter" journal. I covered the front of composition books with white cardstock and stuck down some 7gypsies gaffer tape to cover the seam. Then I adhered a glittery, chipboard letter to the bottom corner for each girl's name. I had that done ahead of time. So for the craft, I had bought a big pack of Disney princess stickers at Wal-Mart and let the girls go to town, decorating the front. They seemed to be so focused and involved in decorating them! After the craft, we opened gifts and headed out back for a few more pictures and the "L" cupcakes. Then it was time for the moms to come! As each girl left, she got a favor bag that had a lollipop and lip gloss in it (in cellophane bags with LINES on them). I took the "L" theme as far as I could! It was a lot of fun. Libby got some really cute gifts--it was hard to see as there were 6 girls totally crowding around awaiting what was inside! It was fun, but it's a relief it is over!!!
We had dinner, then I had to go a meeting/training for the YW presidents and Brian took Libby to her "meet the teacher" for preschool which starts on Wednesday. Earlier in the day--in true Libby character--she said, "I don't want to go meet the teacher, etc. etc." But when time came, she put on this adorable "laugh" shirt she got at her party and went just fine.

Brian said she did great, read books in her little seat, etc. As they left he asked her, "So, are you excited?" She looked at him and questioningly said, "I think so?" He thought it was cute. After that they went to McDonalds and shared a shake where she talked his ear off. We had gotten a babysitter for the other girls so he could give Libby some time for this new adventure in her life!
Well, tomorrow is Hattie's 6 month well check and Libby's 4 year. I think they are both in for some shots. Hmmmm. That ought to be interesting...especially with Libby.
I leave you with some shots from the "L" party (and a few other cute pictures and some flowers Brian brought home a couple nights ago).












1 comment:
How cute was that party! Great idea. And Libby's so darned cute...as are all of the grandkids!!!
Post a Comment