
Today Libby turned four. Brian and I feel like she has been 3 forever!! It seems like she should have been 4 months ago! She had a good day today. I wasn't sure about this morning though. Today was her first day of her gymnastics class, and she had been excited about it. But this morning she came in and said/whined/cried, "I don't want to do gymnastics. I want to do piano." All morning she whined about going to gymnastics. I was worried that she really would be stubborn and not go when we got there. So all morning I worked on talking her into and getting her excited about it. She finally consented to just going on the balance beam. I was fine with that. Well we got there and she went right in--no problems. And she did everything! She is definitely her own girl! She had a great time and looked like she was really enjoying herself. After her class, we all picked up Brian and went to lunch. We picked up McDonald's for Libby and Ellie, then had them eat it at Paradise Bakery, where Brian and I ate. I am afraid for when the one by us opens up. I am afraid I'll be making too many trips there, eating the yummy muffins (lemon poppy seed), cookies (any and all!), sandwiches, soups, etc. I can't wait. It was fun to share a special lunch with Libby. We dropped Brian back off at work, then went home. Before too long it was time to get Eliza, then drop her off at piano. She had a good lesson her teacher said. Tonight after dinner Libby opened her gifts from us--a new puzzle and the game Operation. Since Libby had cake on Sunday and will have cupcakes at her party on Thursday, she chose popsicles for tonight. The girls had Dora popsicles and the adults had pudding pops.
Here's to a great 4th year for Libby!
I think Libby and Hattie are going to look so much alike. What do you think? (one is Hattie and one is Libby at about the same age.)



The chore charts we started a couple weeks ago are working great. Thanks Rachel for the idea! It's simply a magnetic dry erase board and I printed chores on magnetic printer paper. When Eliza gets home from school, this is what they find on their beds.


I decide what chores I want them to do and that need to be done and I put that under their name and day of the week. It is so nice because if I don't need
something done that day, I don't put it over for them to do. It is working well and the girls do well with it. There are some that stay the same every day, then a couple switch out depending what needs to be done.


1 comment:
Libby and Hattie could be twins!
Post a Comment