Friday, August 31, 2007

7

That's how many pokes Libby and Hattie got between the two of them today at the doctor. So sad! This morning after Brian and Eliza got off to work and school, I told Libby we'd be going to the doctor. She fussed a little saying she didn't want to go. But she knew we'd be going anyway, she stopped before too long and we were on our way. My mom met us at the doctor to help us wrangle the kiddos. It went pretty well overall, but at times it felt like a circus act--especially in the waiting room. At one time, I was bending down to feed Hattie, and Ellie I think tried to sit on my knee, and somehow I toppled over. It was pretty graceful and an easy landing, but it was quite humorous. Another time we were up at the desk for them to take a copy of our insurance card. Libby tripped over my feet and feel down a little, and I bent over to pick her up and my sunglasses fell onto the floor, etc. It was quite a time. And we didn't even have to wait too long in the waiting room! Hattie weighs a whopping 17 pounds 11 oz and is 28" long. That girls likes to eat! They did great with the doctor and they checked out great at their well visits. Then it was time for the shots. Libby saw the nurse walk in with the shots and started crying, "I don't want shots." So I hugged her while she got 3 in her arms. She cried. So sad. As she was getting them, Ellie had gotten into my mom's purse and gotten out the treat my mom had brought for Libby when she was done. It was so sweet that she did that! She had seen it in my mom's purse, but my mom never told Ellie who it was for. So thoughtful! Then it was Hattie's turn. She was all happy until the first poke. Her face grimaced. :( At this point my mom was holding Libby and she said to her, "Do you want to watch Hattie?" My mom said her face got all sad and Libby said, "No--I don't want to see her hurt." Tender.

Once that was over, I picked up McDonalds for Libby and Ellie, then we went to my parents' so they could eat. From there my mom and I went to Costco, where I got some groceries for our family dinner on Sunday and stocked up on stuff for Eliza's school lunch. Then we went home to put the groceries away, picked up Eliza, came home and cleaned up the house and did chores. With the help of a friend, we got a fan put up in the new playroom. We picked up Sarah and got a late start on our date. We had dinner at Babbo's (mmm...steak and blue and the bread!!!), went to a couple stores and Wal-Mart grocery shopping, then home. What a day!!!

No comments: