Sunday, January 20, 2008

Conference

So today was stake conference. I look forward to hearing the messages but not to sitting for 2 hours with Ellie. It is just a long time for her without getting fidgety. But it went surprisingly well. We made sure we saved a seat for my sister-in-law Chrystalyn and her kids, so we could have some help with Eliza and Libby if we had to take Ellie or Hattie out. The first hour went great, and a little after 10, I had to take Hattie in the back for a bit. But she just crawled around so I was still able to listen. Ellie was still doing well until she saw me standing in the back. So Brian brought her back and ended up in the relief society room with her, but he could hear in there for the last few minutes. We made it through without much trouble! Yay!

Now for a recap of the weekend.

Eliza stayed home from school on Friday. She woke up sick in the night. Yuck! She only threw up a couple of times and by the morning she was just fine. But we played it safe and kept her home. We had to bribe Libby to stay home from preschool, too. I just didn't want her to maybe have gotten it or pass it on. So we bribed her by telling her she could get Dippin' Dots after Brian got home. Luckily no one else has gotten sick. So on Friday night Brian took Libby on a little date to Dippin' Dots and brought some home for the rest of us. Yum! It's such a weird but yummy concept.

On Saturday we hung out at home in the morning, then I did some grocery shopping. In the afternoon while Ellie and Hattie napped (which actually turned out to be SHORT naps) Brian took Eliza and Libby out and watched a movie in the desert. I think they watched Charlotte's Web. That afternoon Brian had a meeting for stake conference, then I joined him later for the adult meeting. It was a great meeting and I wrote some notes of things that I learned and touched me. After we went to dinner with Alan and Debbie and enjoyed catching up with them.

No comments: