Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Zoo

Today Libby had a preschool field trip to the Wildlife World Zoo. Libby has been so excited to go. This morning I got myself ready before anyone was up, then I came out to get Ellie who had woken up. I walked by Libby and Eliza's room and noticed their light on and Libby was totally dressed and getting her shoes on! We dropped Hattie off at Brian's mom's, then Ellie, Libby and I went to the zoo. It was a chilly morning!! But we had a great time. We cruised around the zoo and checked out all the animals. I had a little advantage that my girls get quite nervous around animals, so they both stayed right by my side! We took a ride on the little train they had. Ellie cried for the first half of the ride, then she finally settled down. After about 2 hours, we took a ride on the carousel (which was a labor of love seeing how dizzy it makes me!) and called it a day! The zoo was totally empty, so it was a great time to go.

We got home and Libby and Ellie decided to be a little rambunctious and make a lot of messes and just be difficult!

Update on the construction: yesterday was sanding (a MESS)and base boards. Today we got touch ups on drywall and ledges on the bottoms of the niches. He is trying to find a door! Home Depot and Lowe's didn't have any in stock. I hope he can find one soon! Then it's prime and paint, then on to the inside.

No comments: