I am behind and it's only 4 days into the new year!
Lots going on:
First a sad note. Brian's grandmother passed away on Tuesday. Here are some pictures his cousin put together about her. She hadn't been doing well of late, but it is still sad. She was always very kind and funny. She loved holding our babies. The funeral is tomorrow.
New Year's Eve:




My girls had fun celebrating the New Year. We went to my parents' house and ate dinner. The kids played dress up and played Trouble. We set the timer for 7:00 PM and let them celebrate the New Year. My mom had gotten noise makers and hats. They LOVED making noise. At the real New Year at midnight, the girls were in bed and we just said, "Happy New Year!" (and shared a little kiss).
On New Year's Day, Brian took Eliza and Libby on a little drive along with a hike. Except for a run-in with some cactus, they had a good time. Eliza got a bunch in her leg and one in her hand and Libby got some on her pants and her hand. While they were gone, I headed to Target with Ellie and Hattie. It was totally empty! Everyone must have been sleeping in. Their Christmas stuff had gone to 75% off and I got wrapping paper for next year, some ornaments for young women and some gifts for next year.
The rest of this week has been spent trying to get my girls to get along and be nice. Eliza has been trying me a lot lately. It is definitely my trial right now. We've spent some time outside. The little boy down the street got a little bike ramp for his birthday, so they had fun trying that out (it was a little scary for me to watch!)....but no injuries!
I went to the doctor yesterday about my migraines. He prescirbed me Relpax. I filled the prescription and 6 pills was a nice $112. Happy New Year to me! I guess it's worth it knowing I have something that will hopefully take the headache away when it comes. But I hope I don't have to use them! Kind of a catch 22 for sure! Libby wanted to go to the doctor with me and she brought the doctor kit she had gotten for Christmas. After the nurse left the room, she opened her kit and checked me out. It was cute.
Hope you have a great New Year. I gotta go write down some goals.


No comments:
Post a Comment