
Libby is 5 today! We started this morning with donuts for breakfast. She was really excited to have a special breakfast. The school routine was the same--she was very excited to put the Go-Gurts and cookies in her bag that she was going to share with her class for her birthday. After they got off to school, Rachel sent me a text asking if she could watch my girls while I had lunch with Libby. Thanks, Rachel! It was so nice of her to offer, and I was able to go surprise Libby for lunch on her birthday! I was thinking about getting her McDonalds, but on the way I decided to get Paradise Bakery. She loves their pasta salad, so I got her that and her favorite cookie there--snickerdoodle. I waited in the cafeteria for her and she was excited to see me! She was like, "Why are you here?!" I said, "It's your birthday--and so I can have lunch with you!" She loved the salad and cookie. I always love eating lunch with them, so I can meet kids in their class and put faces to names that she talks about every day. Eliza comes in for lunch during the time Libby is there, so I got to see her and eat with her after Libby raced out to the playground. I had gotten Eliza a fruit salad and cookie, so she enjoyed that with her lunch. I went out to the playground with Eliza and she wanted me to watch her on the monkey bars. She is really just that on the bars--a monkey!. She was one of the only kids who was able to go across them--not to mention she is skipping bars in between. That is her favorite recess activity.
This afternoon, Ellie and I made Libby's birthday cake. She wanted chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. After Eliza and Libby got home from school, I had planned to take them all swimming for something fun on Lib's birthday, but Libby had gotten a little birthday coloring packet from her teacher, and she decided she would rather stay home and color than go swimming. We were all in our swimming suits and all. That made for some sad sisters, but we all survived the change in plans.





Tonight we had breakfast for dinner--waffles and pancakes. My parents came over after dinner and Libby opened her gifts. We had gotten her some sparkly brown flip-flops that she had saw a while back and loved, a Roxy hat and a new version of the game "Guess Who." We enjoyed a few games of that tonight. Libby was so excited to get cards--she even got out a little basket to put them all in. She got one in the mail from my grandpa and that made her day earlier in the week. Eliza also made her a couple of cute card and pictures for her, too. Overall, I think she had a fun 5th birthday!


1 comment:
What a cute smile Libby has!!! Happy birthday, Libby!!
Post a Comment