Today I didn't have a meeting, so that was a nice change! We all got ready for church, then headed over. On our way over I was thinking how grateful I am to have our building so close. It literally takes us 2 minutes to get there. Hattie didn't last long in Sacrament this week. I was out during the opening prayer. During Sunday school time, we put Hattie in the nursery so we could go to a special Sunday school lesson. Our stake president, President Wagner, taught about how to protect your family against pornography and gave suggestions of what to do to protect and how to talk to your kids about it. He suggested "Stop, talk and run." And when our kids come to us if they saw something inappropriate, that we shouldn't overreact and get after them but be glad they came to us. I taught in young women's--just in laurels-- about forgiving ourselves. I think it went well. It was hard for me to put together because last week our lesson was about repentance and I didn't want to make it the same.
After church I had a presidency meeting with our class presidency, then I came home and Libby helped me make dinner. My parents and brother and his family came over. I made lasagna, breadsticks and corn, then my parents brought a salad and dessert. I requested one of my favorite desserts and that's what my mom made. It didn't disappoint! It is strawberry pretzel salad. It's one my grandma Doris always made and it continues to be a favorite! Here is the recipe:
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
1½ cup crushed pretzels
½ cup melted butter or margarine
½ cup sugar
Mix together. Spread in bottom of a 9” x 13” baking dish.
Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Cool.
Middle Layer
1-8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1-8 oz. Cool Whip
Mix well. Spread evenly over cooled crust.
Refrigerate until cold.
Top Layer
1-6 oz. strawberry Jello
2 cups boiling water
Dissolve Jello in water and partially cool.
2-16 oz. partially thawed packages of strawberries with sugar
Mix with the partially cooled Jello. Pour over middle layer.
Set until firm.
It works best to make it over a couple of days. Make the crust and totally let it cool, then add the middle layer and let that set up for several hours. Then do the final layer. Otherwise it'll be runny.
It was fun to eat and visit--it seems like we haven't done that in a while.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
That's funny! I just made that dessert recently. I found in the Kraft magazine. It is really good. Thanks for the suggestion about making it over a few days. I think that would have helped mine.
Post a Comment