Today Brian took the girls to school, then my mom came over for some bread making. When she got here, Ellie said, "I'll get my apron." She loves pouring in the ingredients and turning the little dial on the mixer. Today my mom made bread like normal and since I still had some from last time, I made rolls. Everything turned out! The bread was so good and the rolls were delicious! It felt so good to know we can make rolls now!
In the afternoon we picked up Eliza and Libby from school, then dropped Eliza off at piano. I have decided a new practicing chart where she'll get some rewards every so often. And she isn't going to get as much to practice. I'd rather have her stay in it and maybe not progress so fast than take her out all together. We'll see if it works! During piano I rushed Libby over to Terri's for a play date, then we grabbed a little shake for a snack.
Tonight for dinner, I made foil dinners. It was a semi-hit. Libby is just plain picky and stubborn. She ate the meat. I tried to hide in a carrot or two, but it didn't make it past her! But they were really good. And we had rolls with it, too, of course. I had mutual tonight and it went great. We had an "etiquette" night and we started by giving each class a stack of newspapers and some masking tape. They had 15 minutes to make a modest dress. All of them were so creative and fun.

Then I had asked two cute ladies in our ward to teach the girls all about etiquette. They did such a great job! First they started out by just sitting down and they both had skirts on but they were sitting with their legs totally apart (one had leggings on and one had spandex underneath with pink underwear or something). It was hilarious. And they were also chewing gum like cows, etc. Then they put the girls into four groups and each group had to put together a skit, teaching the rest of the girls about etiquette. Our group was restaurant etiquette, one was in a car, one was skirt etiquette and the other was etiquette in conversation. They were all so cute. Then they got back into the groups and had to write a song or a poem about all they learned--something from each of the four groups. I was so impressed with the creativity! Overall it was great and hopefully got everyone to think twice about how they act (and sit). Unfortunately, the one person we were really targeting wasn't there! I think we are going to do a little review on Sunday!
After mutual I did a couple of stops--it's better if I don't come home in the middle of getting the girls to bed. I also got some 31 Flavors--Brian's idea. Now it's time for more Olympics. That mens' 200m was a crazy race--first for how fast Bolt was and that they silver and bronze medalists were both disqualified for stepping on the line! I caught a little of the women's shot put the other day--sheesh--those ladies looked sooo mean!! The one from New Zealand especially! I wouldn't want to meet her in a dark (or even a lit) alley! Yikes!


No comments:
Post a Comment