Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sweet Girl

When I put Eliza to bed we usually visit for a little bit and tonight she was telling me that she is the line monitor. She stands out of the line and watches for two people who are being really great in line. She told me the four people she choose over the past couple of days. One was a boy who has a lot of energy and another is a boy was one who seems to always be in trouble in her class. She said, "I chose him because he was doing really good in line and becuase he doesn't get picked for very many things." Melt my heart. She really does have a sweet spot in her heart for others. I thought it was so sweet and I told her that. I told her how I bet that made them feel great and that they'll probably do better now since someone noticed the good things they were doing. She is really liking her new teacher, too.

In other news...Hattie has had a little cough and today I noticed she was breathing pretty rapidly and sounded like she was wheasing a little bit. I made her an appointment and I had to get E & L out of school a few minutes early to make it in time. (As a sidenote--Libby was soooo sad. She has looked forward for her day to share and object that starts with "m" and I guess they do it at the end of the day! She missed it and I only took her out 10 minutes early! I told her she could take it tomorrow and share. But I felt terrible when she told me and was so sad.) But we made it to the doctor and the doc listened to her and said she had left side pneumonia. He didn't seem to concerned about it, which is good since usually you hear pneumonia and it sounds bad. But he put her on an antibiotic and said she should be a lot better in a couple of days. Poor girl! Even when she is sick, she is still such a joy!

1 comment:

Ironygirl said...

Eliza is such a sweetheart. I've noticed that about her, too.

I hope Hattie feels better soon. Pneumonia of all things! And in August no less.