Thursday, August 07, 2008

More School Stuff

I realized that I can keep a way cleaner and quieter house without two certain girls home! Not more than 15 minutes after they were home, messes were all over and it was not quiet! Oh well. I'd rather have them home. They had fun at the cabin, watching movies, making bracelets and eating smoothies. ELiza said that grandmother makes the best smoothies. She wanted me to get the recipe from her and make some.

Last night my parents picked Eliza and Libby up for their annual shopping trip to pick out one outfit for school. They found darling outfits at the Pumpkin Patch in the mall. I can't wait for them to wear them. They also got Ellie an outfit. When we showed it to her this morning, and after I told her she needed to wait until Monday to wear it, she took it into her room for safe keeping.

My mom came over this morning and we made bread. Libby and Ellie helped. Eliza just wanted to make her mini loaf and eat some dough. The rest of the day we just played--lots of gymnastics or acrobatics as we call it (when they get on my legs and "fly" in the air). I also taught Libby how to play hangman, so that filled much of the day.

This evening after Brian got home, we went over to the school for meet-the-teacher. We went to Libby's classroom first. She was a bit timid (no surprise), but enjoyed looking around, finding her cubby and checking things out. I am predicting a hard good-bye on Monday morning from both of us, but I think she'll do well. Then it was off to meet Eliza's teacher. She seems wonderful! This is her 23rd year teaching, but she still seems so into it and fresh and fun. Eliza seems excited but is a little nervous about the unknown and nervous about being on the big kids' playground.

We came home, had dinner and watched Robots. Libby, Ellie and Hattie actually just played so great together and had a blast playing with the pillows off the couch and just chasing each other around. It was cute to see.

Now I am sitting here--while Brian is playing basketball--wondering if our house is going to blow away. The wind has been crazy tonight!!

No comments: