On Friday i finally went to Costco--I've needed to go but just put it off. We stocked up on stuff for school lunches. While I was there I noticed I had missed a call from my girls' school. I thought for sure someone was sick and needed me to come get her, but it was to inform me that Eliza's teacher wouldn't be her teacher anymore--she had accepted a job at the school she had taught at for lots of years. That was a shock and kind of a bummer two weeks into the school year. We found out who the new teacher is and I have heard she is wonderful, so that is good at least!
That afternoon Eliza and Libby went over to my brother's house to play with their cousins. We had gotten a sitter, so she stayed with Ellie and Hattie while Brian and I had date night. We went with the Pribyls and Headricks to dinner. We went to El Torito. It was such great Mexican food. I loved what I had...I think it was called sizzling enchiladas. After dinner, we headed over to Castles and Coasters for some miniature golf. It was a fun time. Some holes I did great on while others I did terrible! Brian and I came in second. We stopped at Sonic on the way home for some sweets, then we came home. It was a fun time--a nice change from the typical date!
On Saturday morning, I got up and left pretty early to go to a photography workshop. It was out in Gilbert and I thought I had left plenty of time to get there. Well, I had if the 101 hadn't been closed. Seriously--and the detour was so backed up. It was probably a 30 minute detour for only like 2 miles. Then the GPS told me to get off in a totally wacky place and that put me behind. Luckily, they started with breakfast, so I didn't miss anything. It was a great class and I learned how to shoot in manual mode. Now I need to practice! In the morning, we went over aperture, shutter speed and ISO and how they all work together. Then we had a yummy salad for lunch. After lunch we got to practice on a few models. It was a little intimidating, but hopefully I am on my way to shooting in manual mode. The end of the class was Photoshop tips and Q&A. It was a long day, but fun and informative.
On Sunday I started out at a meeting, then Brian met me for church with the girls. Hattie lasted a while longer this time, so that was progress!
We went over to Brian's parents' for dinner. I made a tater-tot casserole (thanks Karolyn for the recipe!) and that was a hit. We also had roast, potatoes, corn, bread, etc. Brian had to leave early for a stake meeting, so I stayed at his parents and hung out and the girls played for a bit. For dessert, KarraLee made a birthday cake for Libby's birthday. She was really excited in her quiet little way. She was a little shy when we all sang to her.

Today it was back to the school routine. I had meet the teacher in the afternoon to meet Eliza's new teacher. She seems like she'll be great, and Eliza said she had a good day today. After school we zoomed over to the first day of gymnastics. Libby has been so excited! I told her if someone asked her name in class, she needed to tell them and if the teacher wanted to give her a high five, she needed to. Well, when we first got there, the lady asked her name and she told her! And I saw her give her teacher a high 5 during class. It was good to see that for my quiet little Libby. I decided to put Eliza in a class, too, since she can take the same time as Libby. She was so excited and had fun, too.
Tonight we had dinner, then family home evening. We had a lesson about Jonah and we talked about how sometimes we're asked to do hard things but that we need to be brave and do it. We finished with a game of "bridge tag"--Libby played it in P.E. and was excited to teach us.
Ahh! Finally caught up for now!


2 comments:
Wow, what a change after just two weeks. I guess in a way its good to get the transition done soon so that the kids can bond with their new teacher without being too attached to the original one. it's good to hear that Libby is getting braver. I know how hard it can be to struggle with being shy. My heart used to pound, my face got hot and my hands freezing when I had to talk in front of others. Even just to comment in a Sunday school class. So I know where she is coming from. Good for her!
That's neat the girls are doing gymnastics. Did they get some inspiration from watching the Olympics?
Your photography class sounded fun. I will pass the info on to Mike- maybe he'll do one sometime.
Post a Comment