Friday, August 29, 2008

Two Holes

Today was much of the same! The girls got off to school and I was here with Ellie and Hattie. Jodi came over for a little bit in the morning while I had a conference call for BPS. I went to Paradise Bakery to take the call, but it was so loud in there I couldn't hardly hear! It didn't last long, but then there were four ladies from my ward there doing their visiting teaching, so I sat and chatted with them for a while before getting some lunch. I had accumulated a free meal with my frequent buyer card, so I cashed in on that. After getting home, I fed Ellie and Hattie lunch, then we played Barbies, ball, chase, and a little Guess Who. I was trying to teach Ellie, but she is obviously a little young to grasp that. She just liked pushing the buttons and hearing the sounds!

After school, Libby was so excited to go on her birthday sleepover with my parents. She had packed this morning before school and couldn't wait to go! They got here a little after four and she was out the door! I'll have to give a full report tomorrow after she gets home!

Tonight Abbie--one of my young women came over to baby-sit Ellie and Hattie while I took a family's pictures. Eliza came with me and we made it into a date. After the pictures, we went to Babbo's for dinner. It was fun to eat and visit with Eliza. Then we went to the mall. At the beginning of our "date," Eliza started talking about getting her ears pierced. So when we went to the mall, we walked by the place that did it. We looked at the earrings and walked around, then walked around some more and some more! She really wanted it done, but she was just worried that it would hurt. We walked by Claire's and there was someone getting hers done, so we watched her get them pierced. I am not sure if that was helpful or not! She said it sounded like a stapler! So we walked around some more and some more! It was getting near closing time and she finally decided to get it done! So we went to that little kiosk in the middle of the mall and did it. She was so brave. She said, "Can we say a prayer that it won't hurt?" So we did that and she did great! They look cute. She is enjoying them so far. When we first got up to the earring "store," the girl employee said, "Did you used to teach at Cactus?" I was like, "Yeah...what is your name?" I taught her her freshman year and I remember her name. Funny to see them all grown up!

1 comment:

Ann said...

So very cute and grown up!!