Monday, September 01, 2008

Hula Hooping

On Friday night Brian went up to his parents' cabin and on Saturday morning he got up and did a bike ride with his brother, dad and friend Jason. After lunch they went on a drive up to the rim. He said the view was beautiful, but none of them had a camera!

What was up with that storm on Friday night? Eliza and I stayed up a little late and as we were going to bed it started. Eliza was freaked out of her mind! She was so scared and I tried to calm and reassure her that she was safe. But it got a little scary with all the wind and lightening! I finally put my iPod on her and she listened to music as she fell asleep.

On Saturday, Eliza, Ellie, Hattie and I hung out at home and waiting for Libby to get home from her sleepover so she could tell us all about it. On Friday night they went to Paradise Bakery for dinner and she enjoyed--no surprise--a pasta salad, drink and snickerdoodle cookie! Then they went shopping for her gift. She knew all along that she wanted a hula hoop, so she got one of those. Actually she picked out four--one for her and one for each of her sisters. Then she also picked out a little mailbag and mailbox kit. It has little reusable notecards, postcards, envelopes and stamps. I guess on Friday night at my parents, she had a ball writing letters to everyone and putting them in the mailbox. She also worked and worked at learning how to hula hoop. She went from not knowing how to do it at all to being a pro! Just over the weekend she had gotten so good. She can now do it for minutes at a time. It is fun to watch her do it and see her so pleased with herself. Eliza already knew how to do it, but she has gotten better, too. Today she did it for over 10 minutes without stopping. I've even joined in on the fun. On Saturday, Libby got up and had pop tarts for breakfast, then for her activity, she chose to go bowling. She and my dad played and my mom took pictures. She loved bowling! Then she came home.






The rest of the day we hung out at home, went to Target for a wedding gift, got some dinner and put Ellie and Hattie down for bed. Sarah came over while they slept and Eliza, Libby and I went to a wedding reception. It was fun because my cousin from Texas was up for the wedding and my other cousin and his wife came down from Idaho. I kind of only went to see them. It was fun to visit and catch up. Eliza and Libby enjoyed all the food and trying to catch the bouquet. The girl who caught it divided it up and gave each of them a flower (along with a few other girls). After we got home, we watched Thumbelina and waited for Brian to get home.

I didn't have a meeting on Sunday so we all went to church together. We didn't have to go out once; it was wonderful! That doesn't mean sacrament meeting was a breeze--it's constant work to make sure everyone is reverent and has something to do. It was also Hattie's first day in nursery alone! It was great to be able to just drop her off and go! I guess she did great, too; no problems at all. I taught in our laurel class. I taught from two really great talks--Elder Holland and Sister Tanner's talks from conference back in Oct. 2005. They are some of my favorite talks, but it was hard to turn it into a lesson since there were so many quotes that I wanted to use word-for-word. Hopefully they could all take away something from the lesson.

After church we went over to my parents for dinner. My mom made a really tasty meal--shake and bake using chicken tenders, scalloped potatoes (a fav) and corn. I brought the dessert--I made brownies and I experimented with a caramel apple cheesecake recipe. It was easy to make and turned out pretty good. We had fun visiting and letting the kids play a little longer than normal since they didn't have school today.

Speaking of today, Brian didn't work either, so that was nice. My parents came over and my mom and I made bread. After they left we did a few things around the house before going over to Brian's parents' house to swim. Jared and Chrystalyn came over, too, and KarraLee and Michael. We had pizza and swam. Ellie was swimming all over. She was a daredevil and swimming in the deep end, back and forth. After swimming Brian's mom had made cookies and brownies so we got to enjoy that before going home.

Now it's back to the school routine for tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Libby had a great birthday! I can't believe she is so good with a hula hoop. I can't do it at all.