Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!


I hope everyone had a merry Christmas. Today didn't start unreasonably early. Eliza and Libby came in at about 7:15 saying that Santa had come because the cookie, milk and carrot had been eaten. We stayed in our bed for a few minutes before Ellie came in, then a few minutes later Hattie woke up. So we went into the front room and opened gifts. Eliza, Libby and Ellie got bikes, so those were off to the side covered with a black sheet. They saw it covered and were totally baffled by what it was. They could make out one wheel, so they thought it was maybe a wheelbarrow (?!?) or something. Boy were they excited when they discovered they were bikes. Bad news is that they were way too big. Grrrr. My visual perception must be off! We told them that Santa would let us take them back and get the right size. Ellie loved hers (which was actually a hand-me-down from a neighbor). Ellie also got a new pink Razor scooter so she won't have to use Eliza or Libby's. The rest of the present opening was fun. This year was a pretty practical Christmas (clothes, shoes) and fun stuff like games, puzzles, earrings, etc. The only toys we did were a little toy microphone for Hattie and two play cell phones for Ellie and Hattie. Brian enjoyed his gifts but seemed to really enjoy the book I made him from Snapfish that had many of his camp outs and drives and I also put pictures in a collage frame that we've had forever that showed several of our trips from the past few years. He's going to put it in his office. I got a gift certificate to get a pedicure since I've put those on hold for a while. I also got some things I've been needing/wanting--earrings, shower gel, and a photoshop how-to book. Can't wait to get that.










We were so sad the bikes aren't going to work. They are so cool!

After presents, we had cinnamon rolls. YUM!! Brian's parents came over for a little bit to exchange gifts. The girls got Tinkerbell dolls and Eliza and Libby got $6 and $5 respectively for their ages. They were excited for that.

After they left, we went over to my grandpa's house for visiting and lunch. My girls had fun teasing Grandpa Bert and eating the food.

We do believe in pants for Ellie, but she had a little accident while out back picking oranges.

From there we went to my parents house where they enjoyed some more gifts. Eliza got clothes--she put on a fashion show. She was so excited to get some jeans and several tops. Libby got her favorite--several games and we played them all while we were there. She did the Twister Hopscotch for over and hour and she was pooped! Ellie got a new quilt for her bed. It looks so darling in there--kind of finished off her room.

Hattie got a really cool handmade quiet book. When she opened it she thought it was clothes (when it was still in the bag), and she proceeded to take off her clothes. It was really funny. My mom made each of the girls a skirt--each so unique and cute. Libby and Hattie wore theirs most of the afternoon. So the rest of the afternoon, we played games, munched, and visited. On the way home, we looked at a house in Surprise that has lots of lights and they are synced with the music. A game of Mouse Trap finished off our fun, memorable day!



I was hoping that when we got home, the Christmas fairy would have come and taken all the decorations down. I am one of those people who likes to get it down and put away right away. As much as I don't like Christmas being over though (and the whole month before--I love the anticipation of it all), I do look forward to the new year and what is ahead. So merry Christmas and happy new year!

1 comment:

Ironygirl said...

Wow! Looks like you had a great day! I need to post about ours. Your tree looks like it's sprinkled in pixie dust in one of the pictures.

I hope you can get the bikes sorted out. That must have been disappointing!