Friday, December 12, 2008

Performance

This morning we found all three girls in bed with us by 6:30. Welcome home, huh? Brian said to keep reminding myself how much I missed them when things started getting crazy. I had to say it over and over to myself as we got ready for school this morning!

But we managed to get everyone ready in time, then I started cleaning house. It wasn't awful, it just wasn't how I would keep it up, so I had some vacuuming, cleaning sticking spots off light switches, etc. I did that for a while, then needed to deliver some Crumbs cupcakes to some friends who watched my girls a few hours while my cousin went into work. The day went pretty fast, so that was nice. I picked up my girls from school, then we went to Target and Kohls to look for ornaments for our family exchange coming up. We came back home and I put Hattie down for a nap. After Brian got home, I went back to Kohls with Ellie and Eliza since when we went earlier we didn't get to look because Hattie really needed a nap.





Tonight was Eliza's recital for her singing group. It only lasted about 25 minutes, but it was really cute. Eliza did great--knew the words and all the moves. She did great on her duet--on key and everything! She had so much fun up on stage performing. During their singing, Hattie would call out pretty loudly, "Elizaaaa, Eliiiza!" It was cute. After the program, we came home and brought my niece home with us. It was the Pribyl's annual party and we had debated whether or not to go since we were just out of town. We decided at the last minute to go since the girls basically were going to bed and would be sleeping while we were gone. Eliza had a pretty bad headache when we got home, so we stayed around awhile to make sure she was okay, then we headed to the party. It was fun! We had Olive Garden for dinner--salad, lasagna and bread sticks along with a few other sides. We visited for a bit, then gathered round for the gift exchange. It is always fun to see what everyone else gets and to see what is a popular gift and what people would love to have someone take from them! This year Brian got a putting set to give and I got a cute purse and a big clear vase thing. I would have been happy to take that back home! But we ended up with good gifts. Brian got (for me) a bag of Bath and Body stuff--soaps and room spray. And I got a Tiger Woods hat (for him). It worked out well. We came home and everyone (but Sara) was sleeping. I took her home, got gas and now I'm trying to figure out what to get people for Christmas this year. I am behind!!

No comments: