Tuesday, December 02, 2008

December

It's already December. It was hard to believe that yesterday when I was hot when I went outside. It's just not right!!! Yesterday morning I was up and hiking bright and early. I guess I should say dark and early! I did NOT want to get up in the morning. It's a good that I am meeting other people or I would just roll right over and go back to sleep. The rest of the day was pretty usual--taking care of Ellie and Hattie, cleaning up the house, etc. We did go out front for a bit. Ellie's new favorite thing is to ride the scooter around. She has gotten really proficient on it; it's fun to watch her ride. Hattie likes to ride her little tricycle or push one of the strollers around. After school, Carson and Brayden stayed for a bit and played. My girls love having other kids over and it's nice for me, too, because now they just go out back and play. After dinner, we had family home evening--Brian gave the lesson about being happy and how important it is to smile. So we all practiced and he gave us the challenge to smile more and to smile at people we meet to see if they smile back. It has been a great challenge and I've found myself in a better mood just by smiling. Today at Costco, Eliza smiled at everyone she walked by and she counted who smiled back--which was everyone! She was really excited. For our snack I had made one of Brian's favorites--peanut butter rice krispie treats with choclolate/butterscotch frosting. Yum!

Today after everyeone was off to school and since we don't have aerobics anymore (boohoo), I put Ellie and Hattie in the stroller and I went on a walk in our neighborhood. Then I got ready and we went to Wal-Mart for a few groceries. We came home, ate lunch and I put Ellie and hattie down for naps, so I was able to have some time to get some things done. I actually created our Christmas card. Now I just have the little newsletter part and I'll be set. I am so excited to have it figured out. I had to wake up the sleeping darlings so I could pick up Eliza and Libby from school. We went to Costco, then home. Eliza had a friend come over and they played until dinner time. After dinner, we got ready and had tithing settlement at the church. My girls love going because our bishop always has candy--a whole candy bar drawer, so they look forward to that part. Tonight I popped into a party Leslie was having--for a jewelry line called Silpada and for Scentsy candles. Before I came home, I did a return at Target and got some things at Kohls for a family someone adopted for Christmas. Sounds busy but really wasn't too bad!

Better get to bed soon for our 6 AM run. Ugh.

No comments: