


Behind the glass building is where the twin towers were.

Chelsea Piers. One of the Apprentice challenges was here.
We got off the boat and walked back to our hotel. We stopped into a Salvation Army--it was kind of fun to see one in NY. CNN was there filming a spot about the nice clothes that come through there. While I was there I saw two pairs of 7 jeans. I found a pair of cute jeans for Eliza for $3.99 and I got a pair of practically brand new jeans for $4. Don't worry, I'll wash them first! On our way we grabbed some pizza for lunch. It was just at one of the many pizza places, but it was so good! The crust is just delicious! We ate our lunch in our room, then headed down to play #2. This trip is dubbed a "shopping spree" trip and Jones gives each FA a lump of cash to spend. Well, about 1/2 of ours is going to pay my cousin for babysitting and since we didn't find too much to buy, we decided to use some of it to go see Wicked. Might as well, since we are here anyway! It was FABULOUS!! We had great seats and we both loved it. Brian was really excited to see it and he really really liked it, too. I did think that Glinda was better when I saw it in LA, but it still was really good. "Defying Gravity" was still a show stopper and just a "chills" song. It was fun to see it again--I caught things this time that I didn't the first and I enjoyed the music more since I had sung along with it much more. I am glad we went. After the play, we walked back to our hotel in the light rain and got ready for our final dinner. It was on the 4th floor of our hotel and they had drinks outside of the room first and there were carolers there to entertain. Then we went into the room to eat. We had salad first, then they brought steak with some vegetables and some mashed potatoes rolled in a crepe type thing--they were good. I don't know exactly what to call dessert--it was very fancy. I really liked the top of it though, which was a chocolate mousse. We chatted at dinner for a bit with the others at our table, then we came back to our room. I am ready for bed!


No comments:
Post a Comment