I've discovered some new favorites lately.
Paint Pot
I am LOVING my "Paint Pot" from my recent MAC visit. You can use it as an eyeshadow, but they also suggest it for an all over eye primer to help keep your eyeshadow on. I've tried several ones over the years (Clinique, Lancome, Mary Kay--which is pretty good) but this is my favorite for sure. Normally when I put my eye make up on, it's either off or in the crease of my eye a couple hours after I put it on. So far after using this (I use the color "Painterly") my eyeshadow has stayed on all day.
Tvala Handmade
A friend who was in my ward growing up starting this company and makes handmade soaps, lotions, lip gloss, etc. I decided to try some this past month and it's been so fun! I can't wait to try even more. This time I got a bar of the 1616 Castile soap. I actually used some of Molly's suggestions that she had on her blog . I use that mostly for shaving since it has a more slippery feel. I got Sweet Dreams soap to use in everyday bathing/showering. I also got the Sandalwood Vanilla Spa Stick. I use that at night to wash my face. It makes me face feel so clean, so I've been using that now. I also had to try the Toasted Almond Shea Skin Therapy Sugar Scrub. I LOVE that one and it smells SO good. I let Hattie smell it and she always sticks her tongue out trying to get a bite! But I like using that on my heels and elbows and just anywhere I want to be soft. I have also used that to wash my face and love it for that purpose, too. And I love that it's all natural ingredients and supporting handmade goods. I have my eye on some other stuff, too, like the Aphrodite and Pink Grapefruit soaps and the peppermint (or honey or cucumber melon) lip balm. Molly threw in a sample of the coconut lip balm and I love how it just glides on. I also want to get a soap deck and nail brush. So give it a try if you like homemade soaps and such.
Frosting
I made the frosting that goes with Paula Dean's Red Velvet Cake . I didn't want to take the time to make the cake, so I just made a chocolate cake from a mix and put the frosting on. YUM! Seriously...the frosting is to die for. LOVED it.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Glad you're enjoying your order. I don't know what's more addicting: making the stuff or using it all! :)
Is it sick and wrong that I can just eat frosting with a spoon right out of the bowl? Yummm....in fact, I better set out the butter now, 'cuz I have a feeling I'll be wanting some after the kiddies are tucked away tonight.... :)
Post a Comment