I forgot to mention that late Friday night, a few friends and I went and saw Confessions of a Shopaholic. It was a cute movie. I loved the yummy popcorn and drink a lot, too! :)
I wanted to type up my notes from conference, so I wouldn't forget. This is from Elder Shumway.
--keep covenants and pay tithing
--we are on earth to gain an eternal family
--5 most important words are: I am proud of you. 4--What is your opinion. 3--If you please. 2--Thank you.
--dedicate all we are to our families
--have family dinner
--don't neglect spouse or family for work, business, school, etc.
--love, teach & respect children
--pray with and for your children
--our spouse is the only possession we take with us.
--don't be lax with your marriage
--his personal opinion is to not spank children.
--ours is a custodial relationship with out kids. Welcome them into your homes and nurture them and love them with all your hearts.
--Satan is on the loose, so watch out! The only power Satan has is the power you give him.
His speaking style was for sure rapid fire, but I really enjoyed it and got a lot out of his talk.
On Sunday, we had the 9 AM session. I joked that we should just start out in the primary room and watch it from in there. But we didn't and our girls actually did great. I didn't get to take too many notes, but I did manage to write a few things down about missionary work for my lesson on Sunday.
Sunday, March 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment