Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Time in the Kitchen

Yesterday we got everyone off to school okay. When I woke up I was dreading getting back in to the routine of making lunches, homework, etc. Kari and I went walking, then I came home and started with the lunches. Eliza and Libby were excited to go back, so that made it easier to get them going again on a Monday morning! After they left, I cleaned up the house and after lunch we dropped some wheat off at my mom's, then we stopped at Albertson's before picking Eliza and Libby up from school. After we got back home, I spent the time in the kitchen until Brian got home. I made cookies--a recipe that made a TON of cookies. We were challenged this month to make a plate of cookies to take to our neighbors, so I made some for that and for activity day for today. Then I moved on to making dinner--hamburgers and frys. After dinner we met our new neighbors who moved in, so it was nice to meet them and their two little kids--one just older then Ellie and one just younger. It was so windy outside, so we just came in and had home evening, then it was time for baths and bed. We did play a little Pop5 with Eliza and Libby--only giving them words they would be able to guess.

This morning my mom came over for bread making. We were both totally out. While it cooled, we got slushes at Sonic, then looked around at Target. My mom needed a new 4 cup measuring cup, so she got one there.

After school got out, it was a busy afternoon! I took Eliza to singing on my way to activity day, then I picked Eliza up, zoomed home and picked up the rest of the family, then went to Eliza's first soccer practice. My feet froze! I should have worn tennis shoes! Eliza had fun so that is good.

Our activity day went well today. We met at the other lady's house and the girls decorated a pot and planted a flower in them. But first we talked about "seeds of greatness." We talked about seeds and their potential, then we related it to us. I used this poem:

In Becoming
by Mary Jo Westenhaver

Yesterday,
while bent over furrows
laden with warm, brown seeds,
I marveled at the miracle
of potential peas nestled
within tiny seed walls,
swelling upward to reach their source of light.
And now,
as I am bowed beneath
the weight of trials,
I marvel, too, at the miracle
of a potential deity
tucked within my soul,
struggling homeward to its source of Light.

And we showed this little video. I think it all went together so great and hopefully the girls will think about their potential a little bit more.

No comments: