Saturday, March 14, 2009

Secret Agent

That is how I felt this yesterday morning. Libby had her field day--where the classes play fun games together. I was planning to go and we talked about it this week. Well, this morning came, and Libby said she didn't want me to come. I figured that might happen. Or I was afraid I would go and she wouldn't want to do anything. So I hemmed and hawed about what to do. I called Terri to see if she was going to see if she could snap some pictures of her for me. She didn't know about it, but she was at the school anyway, so she stayed to take pictures of Libby and Carson. I decided to go and watch from afar. We drove by slowly and watched, then I saw that the activities were far from an area where I could watch. So we parked and went over to the field. I was able to watch her the whole time without her seeing me! Their last activity was the tug of war, close to where we were, but we were very discreet and hid behind the dug out so the fence camouflaged us. After they were ALL done, I went up to her and said hi and told her good job. I think she was shocked that I was there.

Then in the afternoon, I went back for Eliza's field day. But this time I was able to go as myself and be seen. Eliza also had a really fun time doing the little games. She was excited because the girls in the class beat the boys in tug-o-war.







No kids were strangled in the taking of this photo!

Ellie and Hattie had fun, too!

Last night was Jodi's wedding reception. Phil's parents backyard was decorated so beautifully and it looked so nice. Once again, it was nice to see people from past wards that I haven't seen in a long time. My girls had a great time socializing, too.

Today Brian went mountain biking with his friend from work, then he went into work for a few hours. The girls and I did some things around the house this morning, then we went out front for a while. Eliza went over to our new neighbors. His mom was over and she had one of those really tiny dogs. So Eliza made herself at home and played with the dog for a while. They had a lot of fun and the mome said she enjoyed having Eliza over. Brian got home and I headed to the grocery store. I picked the line with the price match Nazi lady, but I was able to get all but one bag of chips because she said it was a different size. I could have protested, but I didn't. We came home and loaded up and headed up to Anthem where we got totally spoiled. My VT companion from a year or two ago has two girls a little older than ours and she started giving me hand-me-downs. Well, she has continued and has been stocking up. No kidding--the back of our van was completely filled and so was the front seat. I had to sit in the back with the girls. It took Eliza, Libby and I over 2 hours to go through everything. We felt so blessed to receive all those clothes and they are so great--the girls love them. Here is a photo pre-tornado in my room of all the bags.

Brian went to a soccer game tonight at ASU--it was some Chicago team and an LA team from the MLS league, I think who played. He went with his brother Jared and my brother Brian. They had a good time.

So I might be taking Ellie back in to the doctor tomorrow. She has her fever back and she says her ears hurt. Today was her 5th day of 5 days on a Z-pack. She shouldn't still be sick. Ugh.

1 comment:

Ann said...

WOW! That's a lot of clothes!!
Poor Ellie...