Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring Break Day 2

This morning Eliza got up and set out her St. Patrick's Day treasure hunt. She had cut out shamrocks from green paper and made a little hunt that eventually led out out to the car where there was a little leprechaun and some gold coin chocolates as the treasure. It was very creative. Then we got ready and the girls made sure everyone was in green! No one got pinched around here! After we were ready, we headed to my mom's and then went to my aunt Deb's house in Gilbert. It was our day to show her and Emali how to make bread. It was a great day! I think we were successful in teaching them how and with a little practice they'll be making their own delicious homemade bread! All the girls had fun--6 girls between me and Em--playing and eating Deb out of house and home. I think they cleaned out her pantry!


While the bread was rising, Emali made the frosting for and assembled a cake for her dad's birthday which is today. It was a Paula Dean recipe and it looked so good! The frosting was delicious as we all sampled some and scraped the bowl.




While the bread was cooling, we went to Costco. Deb had told us they sold wheat at her Costco, so we checked it out and we got some lunch from the food court. It went well but Em and I were constantly hopping to keep all the girls happy and fed. My mom and Deb enjoyed a nice lunch at a table next to us. I think they enjoyed the entertainment.

On the way home, we got Sonic--I think we all got slushes except my mom. It was a fun, productive day!

Tonight after Brian got home and a quick dinner, we went swimming at the resort. Well, Eliza and Libby swam, Brian got in to about his knees, Hattie and Ellie splashed in the shallow part and I got up to my ankles before retreating to a beach chair. It was FREEZING! I am a wimp when it comes to cold water, but it was too cold for me. They all had fun. We even got to see a hot air balloon take off right by the resort and it went right over the pool area--it was so close and huge!! It was a fun sight.



No comments: