Monday, September 07, 2009

Catching Up

Friday:
Regular day with Eliza and Libby at school. Had a date night. Took pictures for a friend's little boy for his baptism invitation. Went to Ajo Al's for dinner--got to split a meal again which was plenty, especially with the chips and salsa. Did some errands.

Saturday:
Major work/productive day. We moved Libby in with Eliza and moved Hattie in with Ellie. It took much of the day. And it was a lot of work--going through clothes and sorting and situating, etc. We are STILL trying to find a twin bed that will work without spending too much. So Libby is sleeping on the floor for now. She doesn't mind thankfully. Now we have the mess confined to one room: Hattie's old room and the baby's new room. We put all the boxes of clothes in there and it's a disaster. We'll have to sort through all the clothes right away. After seeing all the boxes I told Brian that I just want to throw everything away and when they need clothes at the next size, we'll just buy them. Of course, I wouldn't do that, so I think I am just going to narrow it down to like one box per size. I think that will minimize things. In the evening when I'd had enough cleaning, Brian took Eliza and Libby to my brother's house where they watched a soccer game and I took Ellie and Hattie to a store out in Cave Creek to look at diaper bags. I tried looking for a purse that would work, but with a diaper bag you don't have to fish around for things and there are spots for things a mom needs. I looked at some JuJuBe diaper bags and liked them, but then I looked on-line and found some OiOi ones I really liked. Now I need to go see them in person to make sure before I get one. I know I drive Brian crazy at my indecisiveness when trying to find a diaper bag. I just want to get one that isn't too "diaper-bag looking" but that is really a diaper bag. Not an easy task.

Sunday:
Brian had a meeting before church, but I was able to get everyone up and ready and to church on time--about 10 minutes early even. We sat next to Chrystalyn and her kids and took up two side rows--all the longer middle rows were taken. It went well though. I was busy the entire time, but the girls did well and we didn't have to go out. My mom and I tried to put together some activities that I can rotate through so they don't get tired of one thing week after week. This week was darling composition books my mom made for them to write or color in and I also brought stickers for Ellie and Hattie to put in theirs. They enjoyed that. Our ward is going to be good, but it's always hard the first few weeks. Just doesn't feel the same without some people there who are now in the other ward. I subbed for Debbie's Sunday School class and Relief Society was so small! After church we came home and it got a bit harried after a couple hours. But we survived. Brian was at the church till 4, but I think after things settle down, it won't be so long. We went to my parents' for dinner, then Brian left to go back to a fireside, so the girls and I hung out there for a while before coming home.

Monday:
Brian went in to work, so we just stayed home. Eliza had a birthday party to go to, so we took her to that. I had Libby and Ellie both upset that they didn't get to go to a party, let alone a swim party. Libby complained that her friends never had swim parties even though they had pools, etc. etc. It went on and on!!!! While she was gone we had lunch and played some games. We also went to Wal-Mart and bought some nursing pads--just trying to get ready. The rest of the day, we stayed at home. Eliza and Libby played a math card game that Kamille taught them and I started teaching them how to play Solitaire. Brian came home, we had dinner, then family home evening. We were contemplating what to have for treats when my mom texted to see if they could bring FHE treats. For sure! It worked great since Brian was called to go give a blessing to someone in the hospital. After dessert we did bed time.

Speaking of bedtime...when are kids just happy to say goodnight and go into bed on their own? I feel like bedtime is an all night process! Hattie has been the hardest. She likes to get up in the night and she won't go back to bed unless I lay down on the floor next to her crib. The floor doesn't mix well with being 9 months pregnant. She is a mamma's girl, too, so she doesn't like it when Brian goes in there in the night. Or she'll get out of her crib in the middle of the night and go turn lights on in the girls' rooms, play with their stuff, get stuff out of the freezer and put it in the fridge, get into Eliza's lotion, etc. So when we moved the rooms this weekend, we put Hattie in a regular bed. It's been a pain the past couple of nights getting her to stay in when we put her to bed. Tonight was good, so hopefully she'll get in the groove. The problem is keeping her from getting up in the night! Last night was like three times. Hopefully we can curb that soon. Then Eliza always comes in during the night. I can't figure out how to stop that either. Ellie and Libby rarely ever do, so that is good. I am just scared to add a new baby to the mix. I hope I can do it.

2 comments:

Ann said...

You can do it!

Ironygirl said...

After having kids, I can now understand why tying kids to their beds isn't such a bad idea. ;) Hopefully, it won't come to that though!