Monday, September 14, 2009

Freezer Meals



Today was long, busy and productive. My mom came over at 9:30 and we worked and worked until about 4:30 making freezer meals to stock my freezer for after the baby comes. Of course that included changing 3 of Hattie's dirty diapers--sheesh--and going with Ellie potty no less than 4 times--at least there were no accidents--and trying to deal with them feeling a bit neglected hence some craziness! But by the end, we made about eight different recipes but enough of those to make 20 meals. It went smoothly. I was thrilled that I had bought all and enough of the right ingredients. The only thing we had to go out and get was a roll of wax paper. But it was a long day on our feet. By about lunch time we both had feet that were screaming at us--man they hurt. I am SO thrilled though that my freezer is stocked with probably at least a month of meals. My family will be able to eat more than cold cereal or mac & cheese until I come out of that new mom fog that I am sure I'll be in for a while. Thanks Mom for all your help!!

In the afternoon, I got a text from sweet Karolyn that said, "I am bringing dinner at 5." What a blessing! Even after all the cooking, I hadn't planned anything for dinner tonight, nor did I have an ounce of desire or energy to make anything, so that was a very appreciated gesture. It was yummy, too. Thanks Kar.

...just a couple random pictures since I haven't had any pictures lately.
Hattie


Buried under the heap of girls' clothes we have floating around this house. I've been through them all now though and we are down to a manageable amount of boxes.

5 comments:

Ann said...

My pleasure. It felt good to be so productive....but my dogs are still howling!! LOL!

Kristen said...

It sounds like you are getting all ready, she will be here before too long...

Ironygirl said...

Laura and I have done the baby clothes boxes more times than I care to remember. Glad you got them sorted- it's a thankless job.

Anonymous said...

Yay for frozen meals. You will have to send me your recipes. I can't believe you are almost ready to have that little gal. Your pregnancy just flew by for me :-) Don't you love when people say that :-)

maccam said...

I was so there on Saturday. It sure does feel good when you are all done and organized though. Love, Cam