

Eliza went on her first camping trip. Brian took Eliza up to Cherry on Friday afternoon and they came home on Saturday afternoon. On Friday, they set up camp, ate beef stew for dinner (Brian said Eliza ate a ton!), roasted marshmallows and watched the new Barbie movie in the tent. Brian said he was cold during the night, but Eliza wasn't and slept like a log all night. In the morning, they made a fire, had donuts, ate S'Mores, hiked up to see some Indian ruins, then drove through several smaller towns on Old Senator Highway and came home. She said she had a fun time but she didn't like having to go to the bathroom out in the open.
So on Friday night, Libby, Ellie and I went to Target and Old Navy and drove around looking at Halloween decorations. On Saturday morning we went to Becky's house to make cards for the young women birthdays for the year. Brian and I went on our date in the afternoon, then later, I went to Becky's again for a scrapbook night. I didn't do any work--just talked--and it was a great time.
Eliza doesn't have preschool on Monday or Wednesday, so that is a bummer. Hopefully we can find some fun things to do to pass the time. She said she wants to go to Campbell's and get a treat. I told her I was thinking more along the lines of something "free." We'll see what we find to do.
Happy Columbus Day.


No comments:
Post a Comment