Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Getting in the Christmas Mood

I am in the Christmas mood! I just got some new candles from Gold Canyon and they make me and my house so cheerful! I got a Cozy Christmas, Days of Christmas, Pumpkin Pie, Cranberry Orange and my all-time favorite, I think, which is Strudel and Spice. I absolutely LOVE that one. I also went into Bath and Body Works yesterday and they have their holiday scents out. Yum, yum. If you go there, be sure to check out the Cinnamon Bun, Vanilla Bean Noel and Very Festive pomegranate. They also had small-ish bottles of Three-in-One, which is body wash, bubble bath and shampoo all in one. The girls and I decided on Spice Gingerbread and it is amazing. It smells so good and we love it.

Let's see...what else has been going on? The weather is really cooling off at night. I will be needing a sweater soon. Did I mention that I am going to freeze in Utah? I will be able to handle it for a week though!

Last night Becky and I did our scrapbook night for the people who won it at the service action a couple of months ago. It was Becky and me and seven others. We first talked about "why we scrapbook", and I showed a journal/scrapbook of sorts that my great-grandma started and kept when she was over 80 years old. It just shows how important it is to get things written down and how much we treasure it now. Becky showed a little movie that she does in some of her classes and it was equally as touching and motivating. Then we talked the rest of the night about organization, chronological vs. big picture system, what pages/albums to do for each child, etc. It was very informative and fun. Becky also surprised us each with a copy of her newest book that isn't even out yet: Family History Scrapbooking. I was so excited to get an idea book that I hadn't worked on and seen too much of already! What a treat--thanks, Becky!!

Today has already been full of aerobics, taking Eliza to preschool, and soon we will be off to pick her up. Then I am going to watch four of my young women run in a cross-country meet. I have never been to a cross-country race before, so it will be interesting...I am not sure the proper etiquette, so I'll have to pay close attention! Then it's off to mutual. Whoosh!

I also have the completed spreads for the Look Book that I need to proof, so that will keep me busy. That book is close to going to the printer!

Bye for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you to get Becky's new book. I have my eyes out looking for the first sighting! I bought some of those smallish bottles at Bath and Body and thought(dumb me for not reading!) they were body lotions. Now I have a bottle of each "flavor" to use in the bath!! Lucky me!
Yes, you'll freeze in Utah! You'd better take 3-4 corn bags along!! There is a microwave in the room!