Sunday, October 29, 2006

While Mom is Away...





...Dad and the girls will play! On Saturday, I went to Time Out for Women at the Civic Plaza. It was a great time and I am glad I went. I loved each of the speakers for different reasons and heard some great things that I needed to hear and that will help me be a better person. I went with my friend Leslie and we had a fun time.

While I was at that, Brian took the girls on a mini trip around Arizona. They went to Camp Verde, Montezuma's Castle, Strawberry, Pine and a couple of other places. He figures it beats staying home and being bored! He had a fun time and the girls loved it, too. They ate lunch outside on their trip and went on a little walk in the forest. He is always so good to let me go to things and he takes good care of the girls while I am gone.

That night we had our date night and we started out by eating dinner at Babbo's Italian Eatery. The one we went to is out in Surprise at about Bell and Reems. It was so, so good. I want to go back and get the other dishes I was considering ordering. I opted for the Steak Blue Salad, which was divine. I also considered a calzone and a pizza. They serve a soft, flat bread of sorts throughout the meal with an olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette dip. YUM! And the prices were so great. After dinner, we did some errands--Target to get stuff to "boo" others (P.S. In the pictures, Eliza and Libby are wearing the shirts they got from that), Best Buy to get some plugs for Brian's receiver/stereo, etc., and Fry's for ice cream toppings for the fireside we had tonight. Then the rest of our date was spent chaperoning the Saturday Night Dance. So it was a late night, but we had a good time.

This morning I didn't have any meetings before church, so that was nice. Brian let me sleep in. Wonderful! And church went well, then I went to a youth fireside in the evening. The Laurels were in charge, so we served ice cream sundaes for refreshments.

Now it's on to a new, fresh week! Enjoy it!

No comments: