Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Musings on a Wednesday Afternoon

This post is going to be all random things I've been thinking about or doing lately.

I am 29.2 weeks along and I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. It was very depressing to see the results on the scale. So annoying and frustrating. Makes me want to stop eating...that is until something chocolate crosses my path. :) But really 7 pounds in ONE month. I am good at this. But I do remember about my 7th month with Ellie that I had a big month, then it tapered off from there. I hope that is the case. Otherwise, you might hear a scream in January when I step on the scale again. I also had my glucose test yesterday. That is a lot of "stuff" to drink. It doesn't taste too bad, but it's way more than I usually drink of anything in 5 minutes. Glad that is over.

The other day I made a doctor's appointment and her first available was in late March, so I took the appointment. After a while getting off the phone, it dawned on me. Hello! I will have just had a baby. How will I get me, a new baby and three other girls to the appointment?!? Mooooooooooommmmmmm! I think she'll rescue me that day. But that is something I feel funny about--asking for help when we have this baby. I know it is going to be hard with two so close along with two others, but I don't want to ask for help because I feel like people will think it was our fault for getting in this position, etc. I am just funny about things like that. But that is just me.

Tonight is our laurel class Christmas party. It is a little crazy to host a party so close to Christmas, but the good part is that it makes me have a clean house before Christmas. I love that.

My Christmas shopping isn't quite done yet, but it's winding down. I think I just have a couple things left to get. Then the wrapping begins. That won't be a very fun occasion because I haven't wrapped anything yet. I ordered a few things on-line this year and I am happy to report that they all have arrived. I was getting nervous for Eliza's "big" present, but it's here.

Eliza and Libby are "enjoying" an afternoon inside playing together. They got their bikes taken away today and can't play out front with friends. Last night they were being disobedient and unkind, so this is their consequence. I think it's more punishment for me, but I guess that is how it goes.

I think that is enough thinking for one day. Happy Wednesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remind me of the March Dr. date and I'll be there! :) And no judgment from me!!