
The last few days it has been rainy and cold. It has actually felt like winter, which has been great! Today it even snowed just for a few minutes--nothing that stayed on the ground, but it was fun to see white things falling from the sky.
Since I posted last, we've just been plugging along with the same old thing. On Wednesday I had mutual and we had a "P" party. The girls wore things that started with a "P", we had pancakes, popcorn, pretzels and punch. They could watch Princess Diaries if they wanted or just visit. It was a fun time.
Thursday was a crazy day in the afternoon. After I picked up Eliza from preschool, I had a babysitter come over to watch Libby and Ellie. Eliza and I went to a soccer game to watch one of the young women play soccer. Then we zoomed over to West Wing Elementary for kindergarten registration and an open house. I was impressed by the school and think Eliza would like it there and do well. After the open house, I went to Enrichment. It was a great night where we were taught about the "garden of life" and what we are planting in our "garden." ...what we would like to plant and what we need to weed out. It was very inspiring and really made me think about what I want to improve on this year.
Friday was a regular day minus our date night. We saved it for Saturday night because we had Stake Conference for church and it was the adult meeting. After the meeting, we went to dinner at Macayos with three other couples. It was a late dinner but still good. After coming home, I did some writing for upcoming book deadlines. I want to get a lot of the writing done before the baby comes. Saturday during the day, Libby went on a special day out with my parents. They took her to Superstition Springs Mall (for one part of the day) so she could ride the carousel. When she got there she didn't want to ride. She just watched for a while and said, "Not now." So weird because she loved it on our trip. After about an hour of watching it go round and round, she said she was ready, then she ran to get on every time after that! While she was gone Brian and Ellie enjoyed a day together. Eliza and I went to Maricopa Beauty College to get a manicure and pedicure. One of my young women is going to school there, so treated ourselves and got to see her in action!
Today was stake conference, which was excellent. It's always hard for the kids to sit for 2 hours. Luckily they streamed video into the primary room, where Ellie, Libby and I hung out for the last part. For dinner we went to my brother's house. Kamille made yummy homemade lasagna and the kids had a great time playing with each other. I finished off the night going to a youth fireside. I thoroughly enjoyed it. One speaker talked about "letting virtue garnish our thoughts" and another spoke about how Satan entices us and slowly leads us to evil. He used a hunting analogy of how an Eskimo kills wolves with just a hunting knife.
This week isn't too terribly busy (yet). On Wednesday, I take a little tour of Happy Valley school so I can decide where to send Eliza, then mutual is at night. Thursday is the first meeting for girls camp, Friday is visiting teaching and I am going to Stars on Ice with two sisters-in-law and Saturday is a baby shower to attend.
Here's to a cold, wintry week!


No comments:
Post a Comment