Friday, January 26, 2007

Peace, Love and Skating

That was the theme of tonight's Stars on Ice that I went to. It was a great show with some amazing performances. My favorites were Kyoko Ina & John Zimmerman (need I say more?) skating to "You're Beautiful," Jamie Sale and David Pelletier skating to "SuperFreak," and Kyoko and John again skating to "Piece of My Heart." Some of my sisters-in-law and I go every year and it's been a tradition for several years. We always look forward to it.

Earlier today though I went visiting teaching, took Eliza to preschool, took a picture of my friend's daughter's kindergarten class, picked up Eliza and that's about it!

Last night was our first meeting for girls camp. The theme is "University of Eternity." That ought to be fun to think of "school-related" things we can do for the girls.

I got to the doctor on Tuesday, then I start my every week appointments. That is crazy to me. This time next month, we'll probably have a baby here with us.

But before then, I am looking forward to a little get-away, just Brian and me. In a couple of weeks, we are headed up to Sedona to stay at L'Auberge for some last minute rest and relaxation. I plan to get a facial, sleep and enjoy some time with Brian before our lives get crazier. We stayed there once to celebrate my first year of teaching and right at the beginning of my pregnancy with Eliza. We loved it then so we want to go back!

Tomorrow is a baby shower for a friend, so I am looking forward to going to that.

In other news...Eliza and Libby have been doing better. Libby has been better with me, so I glad about that. I hope it continues!

On Monday night, if you have cable, be sure to tune in to the Miss America pagaent on CMT. One of my former students I had at Cactus is Miss Arizona and will be competing. I am so excited to cheer her on!! Her name is Hilary Griffith. Come cheer with me!

Happy weekend.

No comments: