Monday, January 15, 2007

Sickies


This weekend hasn't been the most fun with two sick girls. But first, Eliza had a sleepover with my parents. On Friday night she went to Chuck E. Cheese with her cousin Abby and they ate pizza and played games. Then Abby went home and Eliza went to my parents' where they played Guess Who? and watched the new Disney movie called Jump In. In the morning Eliza woke up really early and ate breakfast and got ready. They went to the morning showing of Charlotte's Web, which they said was such a cute, cute movie. They did some shopping after the movie and Eliza picked out a bride and groom Barbie/Ken and an American Girl movie. Then she came home. She was very, very tired when she came home and just kind of relaxed the rest of the day. That's when it all started, I think. During the night she woke up with a fever but by morning seemed to be fine, although we decided to keep her home from church just to be safe. So after my early meeting at church, I was going to come home so Brian could go to sacrament with Libby, then he would come home and I would go back to teach my lesson. Well, after I got back from my meeting, Libby was burning up and totally sick. She only threw up once, but all day was not feeling well--high fever, shaky, etc. And usually she is a pretty big daddy's girl, but this whole time being sick, she only wanted me. Ugh! So that has worn me out! By last night Eliza was feverish again and she has been tired and warm all day today, even taking a nap. I hope they are all on the mend now and hope no one else gets sick. We didn't get too great of sleep on Saturday night because of Eliza and last night was terrible with Libby. I spent part of the night sleeping with her in the rocking chair.

Brian was going to work today, but he didn't end up going in. It's hard with Libby wanting me to do everything for/with her and having to watch Ellie who likes to be into everything. I was glad for the help. It's been a pretty tiring couple of days.

Here's to a better week! Oh--the picture--something Ellie just LOVES is putting on and wearing jewelry. When she goes into the playroom, that is the first bucket she goes for and gets all dolled up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about the sickies. not fun at all. i can't seem to keep ethan well for longer than 5 days. another round comes and he's coughing and runny again. good luck!--m