Monday, January 29, 2007

Other Weekend Happenings

Saturday morning was a baby shower for a friend who will be having her 6th child this Friday. We had a good turnout and it was a fun time. In the afternoon, Libby and Eliza helped me a Wal-Mart to do some grocery shopping. That evening Brian and I went out. We ate dinner at Red Devil Pizza, then did some running around. We did relax a little at Barnes and Noble and looked through some books and magazines. I am wanting to finish the den, so I was trying to find some ideas for that. ...didn't find any, but it was nice to sit for a while.

Sunday was church and Brian had his "debut" for getting himself and all three girls to church. I had a meeting before church, so he was in charge of getting them dressed, fed and ready. They made it before it started but hair was a little scary. Eliza did her own and with her two little cowlicks (is that the right word?) in the back that didn't get combed down...yikes! She had some volume for sure. But it's all good! I just had to laugh. That evening we had dinner at Brian's parents' house. I made bacon/potato soup and it turned out. Yay!

Today Eliza had preschool and tonight we had a "field trip" for family home evening. My dad was a "car hop"/"cop hop" at Sonic to raise money for the DARE program for the police department. The girls loved seeing him and thought it was funny he was "working" there.

I watched Miss America and Hilary didn't even make it to the top 10, so that was a bummer. But it was fun to watch it anyway. I loved that Miss Utah wore a one-piece bathing suit and a cute, modest evening gown. You go girl!

Tomorrow I go to the doctor, so I am eager to hear what is new. From there I start going every week.

Here's to a great week.

No comments: