Wednesday, June 20, 2007

No Crying at Swimming

Ellie had a great swimming lesson today. When I took her to swimming, I went in the pool area with her and put her on the first step of the pool. She just splashed and jumped and had a great time! In fact, she didn't even cry at all! She kicked a little, blew bubbles great and even jumped in when it was her turn. I think she actually enjoyed her lesson. Eliza did well today and even started learning how to dive in. Libby had another hard lesson. She isn't wanting to use her arms. And when she does, it's mostly only one arm. And she gets nervous when her teacher stands too far out in the water. Needless to say, she was worked hard today. Poor girl.

We bought a Bumbo for Hattie. We have a bouncy chair which she loves, but we thought we'd try this that sits her upright more. She likes it pretty well and it's nice to have another place for her when I can't hold her during the day.



Tonight was mutual and we had a great time. I thought it went well. I talked for a minute about using girls camp to pass off some personal progress goals. Then one of my laurels did a great job giving the other girls ideas for secret pal gifts at camp. And she also gave some suggestions for how to make the most out of camp. It was perfect! The remainder of the night, two of my laurels helped teach the rest of the girls the fun camp songs they'll be singing at camp. It was fun to learn them and I think the girls enjoyed it and will feel more prepared at camp than just hearing them there for the first time. For refreshments I had made a smores snack mix...just threw some golden graham cereal, mini marshmallows and broken up Hershey's chocolate bar in a bowl. It was a yummy treat. And we finished it up with some Capri-Sun type juices.

I can't believe it's already Thursday tomorrow! Tomorrow is art class in the morning and swim in the afternoon.

Libby had a little fun with Hattie and her swim goggles! Good thing Hattie is so patient!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing so hard at that last picture, I hurt! So funny!