Monday, June 04, 2007

Pictures

Here are a couple of pictures Eliza and Libby have done lately.


This is Eliza's picture that was inspired by our trip to Cabela's

Eliza wanted to write her name in cursive. It's a start!

Eliza's family picture

Libby's picture of two people.

Last night was our young women's class presidency training meeting. We did a "Round Up" western theme and focused on "circles" and having the girls include everyone in their circle instead of forming little cliques or circles. My mom helped me make each girl a pillowcase in a western print to help them remember what we talked about. I gave that to them at the end. I think it went well overall.

So today I was tyring to think of some things to so we weren't bored at home and just for a little diversion. There was a big sale at Bath and Body Works, so I decided we would go there. I can take all four girls to the grocery store--not a big deal, but the mall is a little tricky in that the stroller situation is hard. I need Ellie in a stroller or I'd be chasing her, but I also need Hattie in one, too. We don't have one that fits Hattie's seat and can fit Ellie, too. So I decided to take our double umbrella stroller but was a little worried about Hattie "sitting" in there. It does recline back so it actually worked really well. We got to the store just fine and shopped for a while and things were pretty smoothly. Eliza and Libby liked smelling all the lotions and such, Ellie snacked on a bag of Lucky Charms and Hattie fell asleep. After buying quite a bit (how can you resist $3 shower gels, $4 lotions, $1 soaps, etc), we made our purchases and I looked over the receipt to make sure things rang up correctly. Just my luck, one of the lotions I bought wasn't on sale--someone had put it in the wrong place so I thought it was on sale. So I had to wait in line to return it. Long story short, I had to wait for one specific person--the return girl apparently--and it was a long wait. In the meantime, Hattie starts crying and worked herself up into a loud cry. And Ellie thought it would a good time to whine for things and to get out and just be loud. I am sure people were like, "Get out of here, lady!" It took so long that I ended up getting Hattie out and when we left, I was carrying Hattie, pushing the stroller (big double stroller in small spaces) and carrying a huge, heavy bag from the store). It was a sight. People were definitely staring at us. One lady even said she would clear the way for us! She said, "Follow me." And she cleared the isles so we could get out. Oh my! It was a good idea in theory. We were planning go to the play area, but we bagged that and just came home. We took them back tonight though since they were so good about having to leave this afternoon! Hmmmm...wonder what our adventure will be tomorrow!! ;)

No comments: