Monday, June 11, 2007

Swimming

Today was the first day of swimming lessons. Eliza and Libby were so excited all day and couldn't wait. They asked me every hour--is it time to go to swimming??? Their lessons aren't until 2:30, so it made for a long day waiting! Eliza and Libby were in class together and they did well. She already had Eliza jump off the diving board and swim the length of the pool. And Libby was swimming a lot, too, doing better putting her face in the water. Ellie's lesson was at 3 and she didn't like it!! She cried and let everyone know she didn't like it! But the teacher still made her do everything. I think it'll take a few days and she'll get used to it. I hope so. It kills me to hear her cry!

Here is a funny story of the day. This evening we had to go to Costco for diapers and wipes, then we headed over to Savers. One of the dinners at our Edward Jones getaway is a 70s theme and we are supposed to dress up, so we went there in search of 70s clothes. Brian found a great shirt and some hideous brownish pants and I found a shirt/top thing with a groovy print. So, I went in the dressing room to try on the top and discovered that I had been wearing my shirt inside out all afternoon! Nice. You couldn't tell too too much except for the tag on the side and the buttons at the top. Nice. What a nerd. I wonder who noticed and thought, "I wonder if she knows..." I even saw someone I knew at Costco. Oops! Oh well. Hope tomorrow is not so "backwards!"

No comments: