It seems like Brian and I have been all over the valley today! Well, we kind of have. Tonight for our date we got Sarah at 3:45 because we wanted to go out to Potato Barn in Higley to look for a furniture piece for the playroom. Potato Barn is a big warehouse of furniture. So we trekked out there. Traffic was bad but we made it in time. We found one big bookcase that we liked, but I didn't want to pay that much before looking around first. So we left there and grabbed dinner at Rumbi. My parents like it, so we thought we'd give it a try. It was worth it! We loved it. I had a chicken and steak rice bowl and Brian had the Luau Pork Plate. Delicious, too. We also had the chips and salsa. That was so good. The chips were good and hot and the salsa is sweet and delicious. You should give it a try.
From there we decided to go to the Phoenix Furniture Auction. We heard about it from a friend and we've always wanted to give it a try. I knew it was on Indian School, but I thought it was off the 101. After driving around for a while, I called Sarah to have her look it up. It was on 23rd Ave. and Indian School. So we got there and "registered." You have to give a $50 cash deposit that either goes towards what you buy or you get it back. We didn't have cash, so the lady accepted Brian's driver's license. We got a number and looked around the floor. We found a headboard/foot board/rails that we liked--wood with a leather insert in the headboard. They said they would bring it up for auction. It was fun to sit and watch all the items be auctioned off. The headboard came up and I was so nervous--not knowing what the bidding would start at and I couldn't hardly understand the auctioneer. We decided before that we would go up to $400 for it. So I used my paddle/number and got the bed for $150. We were so stoked!! What a steal! We still have to get mattresses, but we saved so much on the bed. That is all we got tonight, but I think we'll be back next week until we get the furnishings we need. It's fun.
Friday, June 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment