Saturday, September 01, 2007

Tired

Last night was a bit tiresome. Eliza came in our room at about 12--we had just turned the light off and were trying to get to sleep. So Brian took her back into her room, where Libby was a little restless. When I went in there to see what was holding Brian up, he said she felt hot and she did. Her breathing was a little labored, too. She'd take a breath and hold it for a few seconds, then let it out. It was a little scary, and I figured it was a reaction to the shots. I got her up to see how she acted, and she responded pretty well, but was tired. Her temperature was 101.1, so I took her in the playroom and sat with her for a while. Her heart was racing pretty fast, too. After a little bit, we decided to call the doctor. And at about 1:45, the nurse called us and said those "symptoms" were pretty characteristic of a fever and the body trying to get rid of it. We hadn't had that happen before, so that is why we were a little nervous and because she just got her shots. We gave her some Motrin and she eventually went back to sleep at about 3:30. This morning, she was totally fine, thank goodness! Tonight though, one of her arms had a pretty good sized red rectangle around the shot area. Again, with any of our other girls, we'd never seen such a big area so red. Thank goodness for our pediatrician neighbor. Brian took her over there and he checked it out and said it is pretty common after shots and it should go away in about 48 hours.

Today we packed everyone up and drove up the 89A to Prescott. I don't know what is with me, but when the roads are really windy, I get totally queasy. Nothing happened but queasiness, but it's a bummer I couldn't fully enjoy the drive. It was pretty. When we got there we had lunch (and ice cream) at Kendall's Famous Burgers, then we walked a little bit around the park. It was a fun little day trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Libby.