Monday, August 27, 2007

Weekend Update

Quickly...
--Friday night we had a babysitter (we tried out a new one and she did a good job). We met my brother and his wife at the movies. Brian and Brian saw Bourne Ultimatum and Kamille and I saw Hairspray. I totally loved it! It was such a great movie and very entertaining. The music was great, too. After the movie, Brian and I were starving so we went to Cheesecake Factory and shared a chicken chipotle pasta. I totally wanted the Godiva brownie sundae after, but we were too stuffed! Maybe next time.
--Saturday morning I went to the temple with the youth. The Relief Society presidency first made breakfast at the church for all the girls, so that was a fun way to start the day. We didn't get back until 3:30, but it was a good time.
--Friday night Libby had her birthday sleepover with my parents. They picked her up and 5 and she and Dallin went to Chuck E. Cheese for dinner and playing. Then Dallin went home and Libby played at my parents' before finally going to bed at 11. She had a great time and even got to help my dad do some laundry. On Saturday morning, Abby joined them and they went out to the carousel at Superstition Springs Mall for a morning of going around and around. Eliza, Brian, Hattie and Ellie hung out in the morning. It was a crazy morning for him--having to run Eliza to the doctor and tyring to get a few other things done. But he managed fine. In the evening we went to the ward party. It was a ward "cruise" and lot of fun. They had "excursions" in the classrooms where you did a game or an activity, then you could hang out on the "ship" (in the cultural hall) doing games, ping pong, or stuffing your face at the dessert bar. Ellie took full advantage of that one. We and the girls had a fun time.








--Sunday I had an early meeting and just like clockwork, Brian showed up on time with all 4 girls in tow. Their hair looked really good, too. He is great.
--After church, we hung out at home, then went to Brian's parents' for dinner. We were in charge of the dessert and I made a Texas sheet cake. After dinner, we lit the candles for Libby's birthday and she was so funny. She had told me earlier that she didn't want to blow her candles out. She got all bashful when we started singing to her and Eliza had to blow the candles out for her.
--Today started another week of school. Eliza did a great job today. And she had a great day at school. This afternoon she told me, "I think I am starting to really like school." Yee-haw!! I am so glad. She told Brian on the way to school that she really enjoys music and looks forward to that class, which she has tomorrow. She has been really excited for it.
--Tonight we took brownies over to our new neighbors, then had family home evening.

Here's to a good week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea, for Eliza liking school!!!