***Scroll down for details about getting your Christmas pictures taken!!
--Friday night we helped my brother and family move into their new home. Eliza and Libby (and Ellie) all helped; it was fun for us to all help them together. My niece Abby spent the night so we could take her to the primary program practice in the morning.
--Saturday morning: my girls had a practice for the primary program, Brian was gone until a little after noon helping with two different moves. I stopped at Target and hung out at home until it was time to pick up Eliza and Libby and Abby. In the afternoon I did a bunch of errands with Libby and Eliza.
--Saturday night Heather babysat and Brian and I went to the ward adult party. It was so much fun! The theme was a "Night in Paris" and the cultural hall was all fancy--white lights, a "skyline" around the perimeter, white tablecloths with black toppers--complete with top hat and rose petal centerpieces. The older youth from both wards were our servers and they did a great job. We had rolls, roast, potatoes, salad and green beans. It was delicious. After dinner, some of the crowd moved outside to the ramada for dancing. They had a DJ. I got one slow dance with Brian but I had to do all the fast dancing by myself. Brian said, "Everyone has their own talents." (And he doesn't think dancing is one of his). So I enjoyed doing the Electric Slide and the Cha Cha Slide and a little bit more dancing. I would have loved to stay and dance more, but I had the worst headache! So we left, took my brother's bike to him that has been in our garage, then we came home. I walked in, took Hattie from the sitter, then I immediately gave her to Brian and briskly walked to the bathroom where I proceeded to lose my dinner. Nice. I didn't have a migraine so I thought it was weird. But after that and a nice soak in the tub I felt much better.
--Sunday morning I had ward council meeting before church, so Brian got all the girls ready and came in time for church. It was the Primary program, and everyone did a great job. Eliza and Libby sat down in front in the pews, so no one could hardly see them. We sat on the side and were able to, so that was good. Eliza and Libby both sang out and did really well. Eliza knows every word to every song and loves to sing. Libby knows most of the words and is really cute with her very accentuated pronunciation. She really enunciates the words. Eliza did well with her line, too. Libby didn't even go up. We expected that. She said, "I'll do it when I am 6."
--That night we had Brian's family over for dinner. We had Navajo tacos and the fixings and brownies for dessert. My sisters-in-law and I chatted about food storage. (exciting, huh)?!? But I am really working to get our 3 month, then year's supply. I was going to do the 1Stop Food Storage--which is a really good idea. After much thought, I have decided to pick 7 meals, then accumulate enough stuff to make it 52 times. (I am not sure I will do this for the full year or for the three months, then do more "life sustaining foods" for the year). But this week at Fry's Barilla spaghetti noodles were on sale, so I bought 52 boxes. Ragu was also on sale for $1 so I will get 52 of those. (They were sold out, so I got a raincheck.). With the money I save from doing that, we hope to get a generator. We'll see how that system works.
--This morning we got up and ready. Brian took Eliza to school and took Libby so she could carpool with Terri. I loaded up Ellie and Hattie and took them to Brian's parents'. His mom watched them while I had a couple hours to myself...AT THE DENTIST. Not exactly the time away I wanted! Brian's dad needed a picture of him and his office staff, so I agreed to that it, but while I was there, they would do a cleaning. I told him it was a trap to get me to come in! I made sure Jen--the hygienist--loaded me up with a topical numbing cream (not sure the technical name). My least favorite part of the cleaning is the high powered water pick thing. Ugh! I really dread that!!!! She said I didn't have much build up, so she didn't use it much on me. So that, coupled with my topical, made it bearable! Then it was on to my favorite part--the polish! I love that gritty minty-flavored stuff. Then it was X-rays. I have to breath deeply or I gag with those. The good news is that I didn't have any cavities. Yes! I am still on track for never having a cavity ever! Eliza thought I would for sure because I haven't been flossing lately. I got lucky!
--I rushed back to pick up Ellie and Hattie, then picked Libby up from school. When it was time we picked up Eliza from school, came home, they did chores and I worked on baby shower gifts. I can't post pictures because I know some of the recipients read my blog! Eliza and Libby played outside, and Ellie and Hattie both napped. After Brian came home we ate dinner, folded some laundry, had family home evening, followed soon after by bed.
--This has gotten long! I must go do some writing for Heidi's class.
Monday, September 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I hear ya about having the sunbeams and small classes sit in the benches, I didn't see one inch of Sadie!
Post a Comment